the vn calais

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

Re: the vn calais

Post by sprattzvx »

well people im having some problems getting data logging to work with the usb conversion. cant get a connection, tried many different com port settings, re installed drivers, imported ads file. ose flashtool doesnt detect any ecu. the usb comms board power led is on. followed the instructions and solder bonded with the boards pads, so im assuming if its bonded theres a connection. maybe i need to desolder and try again.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Why are you importing an ADS file? Just use the 12P ADX in the package :thumbup:

Are the Tx and Rx LEDs flashing when trying to connect? Ignore echo should be on for the USB. Also, if the Tx LED is on solid the ECU is in limp mode or your running a VN memcal still?

For the flashtool select "VR '808 ($12 type code)", choose the comm port the USB is on and tick the Ignore Echo box. Thats all that is required for the 808 and USB.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

yeah tru tru vl400, but i thought id just do one thing at a time and get the usb comms working before setting up the nvram with 12p. so yep at the moment its the stock vn memcal. but ill stay up and do the nvram 12p setup tonight i think, im warming up for another 7 nightshifts- fuk i hate nights :(
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Just chuck the 12P NVRAM in, no need to solder in the RW wire until you want to write to it - will connect and log without it.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

ok i hear ya im onto it right now. laptop is charging getting wired on nescafe.... :shock:
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

up and running on 12p. flashtool connects finds $12p device, and i can log intermittently with the key on reds, but as soon as i start it, ERROR and then no more connect until restarting tp. swear i went through all this once before. bare with me 808 is all new once i get the setup happening ill be sweet as. will have a play with the connection macro tomorrow.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Can you successfully do a get bin using the flashtool?
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

What if you don't plug in the USB cable until after the engine is running?
I had a similar thing happen at one point, and put it down to possibly a ground loop between the laptop and the ECU.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

yep get bin success.
808getbin.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
808get.rtf
(27.07 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

festy wrote:What if you don't plug in the USB cable until after the engine is running?
I had a similar thing happen at one point, and put it down to possibly a ground loop between the laptop and the ECU.
will try that festy. 99% of time its settings in the connection macro causing issues ive found but.