the vn calais

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Re: the vn calais

Post by festy »

When you say logging intermittantly, are you getting a a couple of errors per second but still logging?
Are you using OSEPlugin 1.24?
sprattzvx
cars: Vxl67
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

yep just gauges jumping around alot etc. will have a play with some connection settings/preferances. using ose plugin.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Echo ignore flag ticked in the plugin settings? If not using the plugin make sure its checked in the ADX.
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

If the gauges are jumping around it's not the issue I was thinking of.
Are you using the right ADX? Is the OSEPlugin selected for the data acq under tools->preferences->Data Acq/Emulation?
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

hmm just had another play, cant get ose to connect now, getting"tx error comport is already closed by system". nothing different to how it was setup last night :roll: reinstalled drivers still the same. also the issue remains with tp connect using ose plugin with cable echo box checked and unchecked makes no diff>if i keep trying to connect i get an unstable connection no useable data and once i start the car i get error and then cant get any re-connection with or without engine running. i find it very strange that i was able to getbin no dramas last night but not today incredibly frustrating, but all part of the game :think:
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Sounds like the com port assignment has changed after re-installing the drivers if your getting that error message, does the USB virtual com port show up the flashtool preferences?
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

btw festy yes the ose plugin is selected in preferences and im using adx from the 12p package 1bar petrol.
vl400 yeah the comport shows up in both tp preferences and ose flash. i re installed the device drivers after having the issue but it didnt help.
sprattzvx
Ke30 2door

Post by sprattzvx »

ok just cant help myself. soldered in the write enable wire and closed the write jumper thinking it might help diagnose this issue. with the ignition on reds engine not running, tp detects the hardware and i can download the current bin and emulate successfully changed idle to 1000 and started all good 1000 idle. with the engine running tp can detect hardware but wont emulate or download current bin> *update failed*. could have a similiar problem with electrical noise i had with the vx but SURELY NOT.

after my last post saying i could no longer connect with ose flash on the missus advice i pack up the lappy and joined in the bad food friday feast. but me being me it was chewing on my brain and i was back out there 10 minutes later hooked up lappy no change to nothing a VIOLA flash tool and getbin success. WTF I LOVE THIS SHIT :punk:
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

for me, plugging the usb into different usb ports makes it use different com ports for each usb port. is it possible when it didnt work you had it in a different usb port and hence using a different com port number, but when you came back later, you plugged it into the original usb port ?

as for explaining the engine running stopping the comms.... strange but sounds to me like some sort of interference.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

The interference is an odd one and not something that normally happens. Does the flashtool get bin command work with the engine running or even during cranking and then run? It shouldnt have a problem.