Long Shot? holden v6 turbo tune

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Long Shot? holden v6 turbo tune

Post by antus »

You could try a stock supercharged tune with everything connected. It would be a lot more correct and safer. But you'd need to let the customers know that they'll need to go to a kalmaker tuner if they want to run much more boost.

You can get BTBP and CKUM here covering the 97 and 99 auto transmissions:

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... 7&t=3#p231
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Specops
cars: Daily - Turbocharged VS Ute
Project - Turbocharged VT track only

Post by Specops »

Thanks antus but wouldnt that tune be way out due to the different injectors? I woulda thought I'd be better of starting with the NA tune? Could you explain this to me?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Yeah, it'd be for stock hardware, but better than disconnected maf and mat (you did mean air temp?)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Specops

Post by Specops »

Well What I've done to keep costs down is run all standard gear and just bumped the fuel pressure up tomaintain a a/f ratio of 11:1 at full boost. This way my customer keeps standard fuel setup an saves more money. I do also offer another kit which includes 42lb injectors and a massive in tank fuel pump this kit would of course requires a tune. I have fitted the injectors and fuel pump to a standard NA ecotec before and replaced the fuel pressure reg with an adjustable one. We managed to get it running what felt like better than standard by just turning the fuel pressure down lso that the injectors were flowing the same amount. We achieved this by dividing the new injector flow rate by the standard one the equation was something like this 42lb divided by 19lb which equates to 2.21 and then divided the standard fuel pressure of 3 bar by 2.21 and ended up with 1.35 bar we set the adjustable fuel reg to 1.35 let the fuel system pressurise and she kicked over first time. We then ofcourse done a little bit of fine tuning with a/f ratio gauge till we got what we were happy with and that was it.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

The biggest problem with that is the the NA pcm isnt mapped for boost, so you have have the maximum point of the off boost tune deliver fuel for the extra air that your forcing in. So the rest of the tune is now going to be pig rich. If you started with an s/c tune, it'd map up to about 6psi, but beyond that you'll need kalmaker as the stock program overflows and cant meter more air. You might be best of buying the whole kalmaker package and including the cost of the security dongles with the kit. Otherwise the results are going to be crazy high fuel consumption around the city and a tune that is really.... wrong. (consider whats happening to the timing, too). This has been discussed around the site many times, keep reading if you need more info.
Specops

Post by Specops »

I see what your saying antus is there a possibility i could add a 2/3 bar map sensor and use it as a reference point for the fuelling side of things? I have been reading alot of things on this site and very willing to learn if you could point me in the right direction of some material that might help it would be much appreciated. I have read the general guides and the 12p guide is there anything else you would suggest i read?

On a side note i took a log with efilive but i cant upload it for some reason why is .alg not allowed?