vn delco wiring

Wiring diagrams and questions
ekdave1962
cars: EK holden running vn v6

vn delco wiring

Post by ekdave1962 »

hi i in the process of installing a vn series1 into my ek i am using the complete vn loom for both engine and interia

i have a problem some where in the process of deleting redundant circiut is see to have removed something that i should have

now i have to injector pulse , spark or out put the cel .

i have main power to ecu the black and orange wires, i found i had no power to the ecu pin a6 so added a supply.
i have power from efi and engine relays the red wire to injectors is positive, but on testing the blue injector feed is alway positive as well ?
there is no power out put from the cel ( check engine light ) so im a little stumped

any help would be handy ..

David
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: vn delco wiring

Post by antus »

What were you trying to delete? Have you got the ignition signal from the key wired in properly? Does the fuel pump click on and run for a couple of seconds when you key on?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

hi i was deleting interia stuff only dash realted

yes i have a power feed from igniton and the efi and fuel injection relays all function
from what i can tell i have everything in place but nothing ?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Spark is totally independant of the ECU when cranking and is controlled by the ignition module, make sure its got ign power and a good earth - if the ECU pin A6 didnt have switched ign maybe the module does not either, although the module gets its feed from the injector power.
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

hi from memory it was the wire was split and on end wasnt connected but will check it out tomorrow ..

any answer the the voltage for the in
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

ekdave1962 wrote:i have power from efi and engine relays the red wire to injectors is positive, but on testing the blue injector feed is alway positive as well ?
Will see a voltage on both as the injector is just a coil of wire.
ekdave1962 wrote:there is no power out put from the cel ( check engine light ) so im a little stumped
CEL output is not switching 12v, it switches gnd. So your CEL globe needs a switched ign feed on one side and the ECU CEL wire the other side. ECU puts a gnd on there to turn on the CEL.
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

thanks VL the CEL light is now working, with no faults coming up, i might force a fault just to confirm its operating, but still not injector pulse i take the ecu sends ground signal via the blue wires to create pulses ?
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

is there any spark? yes, the ecu grounds the blue wires to make the injectors pulse.
what memcal is in the ecu? can you post up either a pic or the letters on the silver sticker on the memcal?
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

its a std vnp memcal from a 89 commodore, it was running before i removed it and when i 1 st fitted it i have injector pulse but whilst trimming un need wiring i see to have stuffed things up , i may have to do a engine only loom to work out what the problem is but it should have been simple but has me stumped,
i just disconnected the throtle plug and i made no different to the CEL light is there something else i can do to activate a failure code ?

just an after thought i am using a jumper pack for testing so it doesnt have a great deal of grunt and just turns engine over it read 13 volts with out load, could low voltage be a possible problem
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

theres not many wires that you dont need...... the engine loom doesnt have any crap on it, only engine stuff, its pretty much just the air con wires that can be removed, even then it doesnt clean it up much, should have just left it as it was and taped everything up.

the voltage wont be a problem. you cant make a failure code appear till the engine is running. you need to start by getting the module to spark, as mentioned earlier,it is independent so if the Crank sensor is connected and the module has power, it will spark regardless of what the ecu is doing.