vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: vn delco wiring

Post by vlad01 »

vs ss wrote:I had some thing similar on an engine I bought and ended up the five out of six injectors had stuck shut.
Some sort of moisture from sitting around I guess or the last owner had water in the fuel :roll:

That would be the fuel going off and forming varnish. Not much to do with moisture.

Average 91 fuel goes off in few weeks to few months. Then becomes varnish not long after that. I had it happen to a ford that ran on gas, all the normal fuel system was full varnish. All 6 injectors were totally stuck and unusable.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
ekdave1962
cars: EK holden running vn v6

Post by ekdave1962 »

its a stocker from a wreckers ,, so who knows .. it fires using start bastared i dont have o2 sensor connected as i need a 2 wire one but should still start added a in line fuel reg i had laying arround have 60 psi fuel pressure .. have a log here doesnt mean a lot to me but will load for you to look at if i work out how to
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

could bew worth pulling the plugs all off, wind it over a few times, then remove the spark plugs, see if they are all wet or not ... might give you an idea as to if an injector isn't firing.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

inline fuel reg????
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

ok just pulled injector rail off only 2 are working .. will swap them out for the series 1 injectors not sure if there the same but will give it a go whilst i get the old one rebuilt
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

delcowizzid wrote:inline fuel reg????

delco a after market on with pressure guage on it just added it the return in to tank to see if that was problem seem to be injector thou only 4 of the 6 working
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

ekdave1962 wrote:ok just pulled injector rail off only 2 are working .. will swap them out for the series 1 injectors not sure if there the same but will give it a go whilst i get the old one rebuilt
pretty much the same. Same flow anyway, different PN.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

ok thanks guys it running with vn injectors will spring the $220 for a change over set and $90 for o2 then finishes putting it together
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF3R8pYmfaU
thanks again

David
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Good to see! Im not sure what you have been doing with your tune but I believe that the VP engine takes quite a different spark mark compared the S1, so thats worth considering.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

i wouldn't. i have had 0% success with reco injectors of that type. they always leak after reco.

i just find low k injectors and check for spray pattern and leaks, if its ok they are good to go.