does this sound right?

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Specops
cars: Daily - Turbocharged VS Ute
Project - Turbocharged VT track only

does this sound right?

Post by Specops »

After going through this log and watching it over and over i thought i had finally figured out what's going wrong between engine runtime 184 and 186 im getting upto 10deg knock retard and its having a major affect on the car all sorts of bad noises and backfiring. I thought it was something to do with the rdsc but whilst flicking through the flags i noticed its turned off on bzpt standard so now im just more confused if someone could please point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated.
wtf.zip
(141.36 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Specops

Re: does this sound right?

Post by Specops »

Anyone?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You have some lazy oxy sensors and some pretty large long term adjustments with big differences between banks. Might wanna have a read .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... 819&p=9642
The1

Post by The1 »

As VL said your o2's arn't getting many crosscounts, fueling is out and youve got a fault code 76 which is set when left and right banks vary in fueling by more than 63% for more than 32 seconds in closed loop. it's a o2 fault there either stuffed or you have the earthing problem or the weird memcal issue linked in that thread.
Specops

Post by Specops »

ok thanks for the tip guys i have 2 spare o2 sensors which i might try them out first. Could it have anything to do with the positioning of them because there both in the exact same spot one behind the other so i cant understand why the readings are so far out. Unless of course one of them is stuffed might have to get some new o2 bungs and reposition them i think that having one infront of the other might be throwing the rear one out beacause there not getting equal amount of airflow?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

my first question is why are they like that ? they should be one in each bank of the exhaust, thats the whole idea of them having 2 .....

simple test would be the switch the wiring between the two and see if you get the opposite one showing really lean etc ....

i would be setting them up to have one in each bank and the closer to the engine the better then worry about weather you have dodgy sensors or not.
Specops

Post by Specops »

Thats what I've been thinking since day one the guy who did my exhaust done it that way reckons there supposed to mounted after the turbo. I'm going to get some bungs today and move them I can't see how the turbo would make a difference.

Thanks again for the advice guys.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

put them before the turbo and you'll likely melt them :) but either way i'd be putting them side by side in the pipe, not one blocking the other.