cars: VP 5L LPG

Re: Bosch ign module on VN,VP V8 driving other ign box

Post by Circlotron »

An Air/Fuel Option Word.
For spark.
Of course.
How could I have been so stoopid? :roll:

Many many thanks, man.
Last edited by Circlotron on Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Circlotron

Post by Circlotron »

Where can i get a list of all those cryptic abbreviations?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yeah the 5D XDF is well defined but has some confusing names! There may be some defined in this link linked from the FAQ .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... 4029#p2489. Most people are now running the VR manual code to get more features, the 12P XDF has better naming to make it clearer.
Circlotron

Post by Circlotron »

Wow! That VR manual listing looks like the ducks guts. Haven't gone through it in great detail yet, but if I just stuck the "OSE $12P V111 BLCF V8.bin" straight in it would run straight off, or are there some things that have to be set initially for the specific application? VP auto. Then fiddle it to my hearts content of course. The only things that I ~know~ are different is the LPG spark table and the EGO sensor high and low time fail are turned off (because not running closed loop on lpg) Is the VR VE table significantly different from my VP one? Just that the graph looks a bit different with all that extra space for high rpm stuff. Damn! Just busting to get a spare memcal now.
Circlotron

Post by Circlotron »

Circlotron wrote:Then fiddle it to my hearts content of course.
That is to say, by removing the memcal and erasing and reprogramming the eprom. I realise that it is not real time without extra stuff added.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You would require a memcal with a 32k EPROM. Will only need to change the PPK so the ECU reads the right speed, but will fire up on the 12P bin as is.

With 12P dual spark tables (map a and map b) you can have a petrol/lpg setup - I assume its a dual fuel setup with the VE question?
Circlotron

Post by Circlotron »

It is dual fuel, but practically the only time I use petrol is for the first start of the day. Mmm.... this is gunna be fun. :driving:
Circlotron

Post by Circlotron »

Righteo then. Time to take the plunge. Got the memcal with the lid pulled off and sitting in side the UV eraser as we speak. Too big to go in the draw so I took the top off the eraser and put it right against the tube. Gunna set location $09 bit 7 so when throttle is closed the spark occurs at the distributor reference point. Put it back in the car later this afternoon and see what happens. See if it idles nicer with my add-on ignition box. No turning back now. I feel sick.
Attachments
memcal 001.jpg
memcal 001.jpg (112.98 KiB) Viewed 6467 times
Circlotron

Post by Circlotron »

Well, it starts and runs and the IAC is operating so it is not just in limp home mode. Time to go for a spin and see what's what! :driving:
Circlotron

Post by Circlotron »

Fixed one problem and created another...
Idles as good as gold now. Normally when it was fully up to temperature it would start to hiccup within several seconds of coming to a stop. Now when stopped for a full minute it seems fine. Now the problem has become when it goes from trigger at dist ref to "on the curve" it must jump quite a few degrees and it causes what feels like a momentary misfire. Put back the standard ignition box and the excess dwell covers over this situation, but you can still feel it jump modes. At a standstill with foot on the brake and gradually increase throttle, when you get to about 800 rpm the tacho twitches a bit and takes about a 200 rpm jump, faster than the engine speed actually rises. Below that point the engine feels slightly flat as you would expect.

I'm going back to re-read this thread from the start. If only I could turn off this jiggling around of the firing point I wouldn't have to do what I have just done.