The1's Daily

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
The1

Re: The1's Daily

Post by The1 »

yeh i was thinking that myself compaired to the standard kit on the previous page where it's stamped pin joins.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Just looks like a different style of peening, I don't think it's a problem. The links look to have some sort of treatment which is interesting.

Now the question is, with those pins looking a little higher, will it clear the oil pump cover?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Having looked at other gold series sets this looks to be their premium chain, same style of peening and dark link colour. Can't find any reports of problem with gold series on google so I'd say it should be pretty good.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

What is that stamping on the side of the chain with the vernier set ?
Rollmaster normally used the IWIS German made chain for good results on their double row set ups.
JP Timing chain sets were having a few failures (chain breakages) a few years back. Looking in to it at the time they were not using the IWIS chain for their sets.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Both JP and Rollmaster are made by the same company, My understanding is that JP are a more of a budget brand, like the rollmaster blue/red series are.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

So apparently there is an Indian made Rolon chain as what it seems to be and a German made IWIS chain which are those silver ones.

My red series double chain came with an IWIS chain, I wonder why they would put a Rolon chain on a gold series set?

Interesting read here.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-i ... ained.html
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

That's got me wondering what my new set is, might have to go dig it out and see what's stamped on the chain.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Iwis chains are silver and don't normally have any stamping from what I have seen, rolon on the other hand do have stamping but from what I read they are always either blue or black in colour.

I think they fucked on his set. I would be asking what's the go with the chain. Ask the manufacture directly and I would even ask the seller if their other ones in stock have the same chains.
Either they have deliberately cheaped out or there was a mistake. Either way I would not want a premium timing set spoiled by a shit chain and potentially cause issues.

quote straight from their site.

"Rollmaster brand of Red and Gold sets are our flagship products. For these sets we use an Iwis Pro Series Chain that is exclusive to Nornda Automotive. The Rollmaster Blue Series sets or the EC sets use a Rolon Chain."

This was mine, sliver chain, no stampings from what I recall and the pins were peened at the edged. I'm 100% sure it's an Iwis chain.

Even my red series single row chain on the vr was like that.
IMG_2733.JPG
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

My Red set for the V8 is IWIS and the chain on the V6 set is stamped with JWIS so I'm happy. Chains are silver.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Wouldn't it be dumb if the red series was iwis and gold series was rolon. Have to buy one of each and swap the chains :lol: :wall: