Disabling the auto trans controls in a VS L67 ???

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
hotweelz
cars: VS L67 Statesman

Disabling the auto trans controls in a VS L67 ???

Post by hotweelz »

Hi All,
Im currently in the progress of converting my L67 VS Statesman to Manual (T5) and i understand that i will be receiving a error code when its up and running, i am very new to the tuning side of things but i have decent computer knowledge so the question i am asking is if i buy myself a ALDL Cable will i be able to use the Flash Tool software to disable the Auto Trans Controls to remove the error?

Cheers,
Greg
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Disabling the auto trans controls in a VS L67 ???

Post by antus »

No, the memcal with the calibration in the pcm is eprom based, not flash memory. You need to buy realtime editing hardware which replaces the eprom with nvram (see the for sale section) if you which to do it over the aldl port. But to just set the manual flag, you can do it with an ebay uv eraser and something like a gq4x eprom programmer.

To get your head around what your doing get yourself a copy of tunerpro RT 5, the bin file from your car from the bins thread (the file btbp or ckum), and in the bins thread there is usually a link to the right xdf which defines what is in the .bin and what you can edit. In this case though there is, and Im not sure which is the right one.. anyone? Then once you have that you can have a poke around in the bin and learn what your going to need to do before buying hardware. I'll update the bins thread when I have the info about the right xdf.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Disabling the auto trans controls in a VS L67 ???

Post by VL400 »

The XDF will be this .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopi ... 043#p15043

Either $51G or $51H bin, just depends on the bin currently running (can check the 4 letter code on the sticker of the memcal or PCM) but they both use the same XDF anyway.