Tuning stroker 355 vs ute

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
tjs vs
cars: vs v8 ute

Tuning stroker 355 vs ute

Post by tjs vs »

Hi all

Just found out about this forum and hoping someone could help me out.I am just about to get a 355 put in my vs in the next week and need to get a tune,engine specs are;
246/252 110 LSA
11:1 comp
Harrop manifold,4 brl throttle body
Ute is manual

I ahve never done anything like this so i am looking for someone who can tune it help me learn as well,I am in sydney the only person i know of is D#cks electronics but he is away for 4 weeks and want to get her goin.I have been told by other places not to use the delco and put a haltech plug in but im totally confused

Cheers Trent :thumbup:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Tuning stroker 355 vs ute

Post by VL400 »

If your happy to learn, or find someone that knows what they are doing, you will get better results than almost any aftermarket ECU leaving the Delco in and having a good tune. However if you cannot find a tuner for the delco and dont want to DIY, find a tuner you like and go with what they recommend and know - it will always be better to have a good tune on an aftermarket ECU over a bad delco (or any ECU) tune. The only reason places say not to use a Delco is they dont know how to tune it or didnt like what was available a few years back.

If you do want to set up yourself to tune it and it is a series 1 or 2 VS factory manual I would run 12P (https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=356). It would have been a far easier task learning on the stocker but its not an impossible job if you spend the time on it.
Jervies
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor

Re: Tuning stroker 355 vs ute

Post by Jervies »

If you were going to pay someone to do it dicks would be your best bet, he is very good with the delcos. If you were going to tune your self you could probly get one of these nice blokes to do u a base tune then post the logs and get some pointers to get the tune right