Xdf additions

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
Jervies
cars: Vt v6 wiith a gt35/40 turbo e85 399rwkw
Mazda e2000 with a cammed vx ecotec motor

Xdf additions

Post by Jervies »

Im trying to mod a xdf for the $a5 iv been using the version that was modded for my in my thread aftermarket ecu in a vt v6 (sorry for not making a link) im slowly working my way in to it. What i want is to add some flags to turn off 02 sensors and etc stuff like that as im using it as a trans and dash only computer. So its coming up with a few errors seing as the etc to the dfi is disconnected. Just having troubles with the auto not doing what its supposed to. If some one was willing to teach me a bit or if some one would like to do it for me i would be greatly appericiative and or pay them lol.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Xdf additions

Post by VL400 »

There is a good amount of help in TunerPro for editing the XDF (they call it a bin definition rather than referring to the file extension XDF) but pretty much like this...
XDF.jpg
XDF.jpg (200.52 KiB) Viewed 2732 times

If you actually want to find items in the bin your going to have to do the hard yards like this .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... =10#p23581
Jervies

Post by Jervies »

iv got the hex editor and im playing trying to look up known details but even that has me lost. how do i find the bite number and offsets ect?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

There is no simple roadmap of what each byte and bit does, you need to look for patterns comparing a known bin/xdf while making some educated guesses. If no XDF has what you want would need to disassemble a bin and work out the code.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Tables are relatively easy, followed by scalars that are grouped (rpm limit, fan on/off temp, etc). Bits are difficult unless set up the same between calibrations, this why I lay out as many different similar bins as possible in excel to compare. Once you get into it you'll be surprised the similarities between different masks and how thing are grouped, this even applies to aftermarket ones like kalmaker, COME, etc.

yoda69
Jervies

Post by Jervies »

I was going to try work off the vs one as it has all the flags ect or is that a bit ambitious? Iv tryed copying the data to exel from the hex editor but no luck, also the values i see in the hex editor dont match whats in the xdf as in it says 0x358 or something and the hex editor has 0000and numbers. And also with the amount of columns im seeing off the side of the hex numbers.
Jervies

Post by Jervies »

Alot of the flags in the vs xdf are the same, iv played with my bin on the vs l67 xdf and had some luck masking some faults and telling it to not process things like missing etc