Idle too rich.

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
inj gtr202
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Re: Idle too rich.

Post by inj gtr202 »

VL400 wrote:Yes, to keep yours as a backup then you will need to get another memcal. There are a few options, one would be to use the NVRAM (even without a bin like 12P that allows tuning over ALDL) and another buy a memcal from a wrecker and reprogram that using a UV eraser and programmer.

The first thing will be to get a read of the current memcal, work out what code it is running and then can sort out the options. If you don't have a programmer to read the memcal, where are you located?
I'm in the western suburbs of Adelaide.

So If I can get the data off the current memcal I may not have to buy the reader and burner? I should be able to use the 12p over ALDL on a new memcal and keep my old one as a spare?...... Just need to find someone to put my current memcal in a reader to get the code... right?

Slowly starting to make sense, thanks 4 being patient.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Im in Adelaide and should be able to help. I'll send you a PM.

The reader/burner (The gq-4x eprom programmer) is worth having when you have the nvram kit. As the nvram kit is a form of ram its always volatile. When its fixed in a car, its nicely stable, but when you are tuning and swapping/plugging chips its likely that at some stage you'll corrupt its contents accidentally at which point having the programmer on hand makes it a quick fix to put your complete last backup on the chip and keep going.

However, at this stage I can give you a hand reading the chip and seeing what you have and we can go from there.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
inj gtr202
cars: LC GTR Torana
1982 FJ40

Post by inj gtr202 »

:P
awsome... pm sent