REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
VX L67 Getrag

REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

WATCH THIS SPACE, WILL BE UPDATED WHEN TIME PERMITTING!

First I got The1 to mod a PCM for me on assumption for plugging ostrich into PCM & he had it right & tested fine before shipping, but by the time it came from QLD to VIC with the hard wires soldered to pcm the broke off & pulled pads!

I then threw it out to VL400 & got it back today & first testing all looks good so far, but watch this space if interested!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
T2000
cars: VP v6 Wagon, VE 6ltr with LiLPG & Rotrex Supercharger, Alfa Romeo GT

Re: REALTIME VX-VY n/a PCM

Post by T2000 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:WATCH THIS SPACE, WILL BE UPDATED WHEN TIME PERMITTING!

First I got The1 to mod a PCM for me on assumption for plugging ostrich into PCM & he had it right & tested fine before shipping, but by the time it came from QLD to VIC with the hard wires soldered to pcm the broke off & pulled pads!

I then threw it out to VL400 & got it back today & first testing all looks good so far, but watch this space if interested!

Cheers VX L67 Getrag
Sounds interesting... looking forward to updates.

If it works for ostrich then the APU1 should also be good to go :D :afro:
The1

Post by The1 »

haha, it all starts with my dodgy soldering :) was quite a while ago, can't even remember what i did on that lol
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Not sure what apu1 is t2000?

Nah no dodgey soldering The1, just dodgey delivery handling, main thing is it's working now, have updated base inj rate(to test) & happened instantly & then updated a full timing table & made all the right sounds instantly!

Just cut out on me a couple of times hooking through corners possibly when PCM & ostrich got knocked?

EDIT: spelling/wording errors!
Last edited by VX L67 Getrag on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Good to hear its all working :thumbup: Will have to make the cabling more robust now you know its working ok, as it is now you wouldnt want to put much strain on the pcb end.
T2000
cars: VP v6 Wagon, VE 6ltr with LiLPG & Rotrex Supercharger, Alfa Romeo GT

Post by T2000 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Not sure what apu1 is t2000?
Moates APU1. Unless I am mistaken it has an Ostrich at its core and some other goodies.

From Moates Site:

Details
Does everything in one package, one USB-based device! USB-powered, so no power supply needed. Chip burning/reading, datalogging, and realtime emulation. Performs ALDL communications at 160/8192 baud, programs AT29C256 and 27SF512 chips. Has 3-channel 0-5v 10-bit A/D provision fpr wideband and other datalogging. Includes AutoProm device, 28-pin 18-inch emulation cable, OBD1-style ALDL cable CABL1, 6-ft USB cable, 2x 27SF512 chip, and Mark Mansur's TunerPro RT5 software license. PLEASE READ through product documentation to understand some of the features of this all-in-one, datalogging, realtime emulation tuning, and chip burning hardware. Keep in mind you'll still need a chip adapter and probably a ZIF, so select them from the Adapters and Sockets categories if you don't have them already. Fully compatible with TunerPro RT and TunerCat. This item is optimized for OBD1 GM vehicles.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

SWEET!

Used moates heaps & hadn't noticed that, sure would have beat me buying all the stuff separately like I have!

Drove the car all the way in today with realtime PCM connected to ostrich & didn't cut out once, nothing hit it though & maybe I wasn't hooking through corners as hard but not by much!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

further update...

1 more drive to & from work & no more cut out issues or errors, but again nothing has hit the PCM again either!

I've attached photo's of VL400's soldering work & snotting(although it did get changed after this as wiring config was wrong)!

I've also added pictures of how I secured it back in case & ran floppy through grommet inside pcm with big section internally hoping to secure wires better & then with the ostrich connected(1 more photo to follow).
Attachments
Ostrich Installed 1.jpg
Ostrich Installed 1.jpg (889.77 KiB) Viewed 16399 times
Grommet outside PCM.jpg
Grommet outside PCM.jpg (722.54 KiB) Viewed 16399 times
Grommet inside PCM.jpg
Grommet inside PCM.jpg (769.92 KiB) Viewed 16399 times
PCM Case Seperated & grommet.jpg
PCM Case Seperated & grommet.jpg (710.06 KiB) Viewed 16399 times
Snotted.JPG
Snotted.JPG (562.93 KiB) Viewed 16399 times
Soldered.JPG
Soldered.JPG (445.18 KiB) Viewed 16399 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

by the way the photo's loaded in the reverse of what I uploaded so read from bottom up!

The hole I drilled in the back(lower) section of case was 40mm from the rear & 55mm from the side!

The grommet was from a BA-BF bonnet release cable as only changed a few hundred of these & had the biggest section to support internal wires!(just cut end off to make opening bigger)
Attachments
Ostrich Installed 2.jpg
Ostrich Installed 2.jpg (712.68 KiB) Viewed 16398 times
Rhysk94
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Manual Drift Hack
VY L67 Calais
N80 Toyota Hilux
VX Stocker Farm Hack
FG XR6 Turbo

Post by Rhysk94 »

Any chance you offer this to be purchased ?
Would be real handy to tune customers vehicles before I flash the final bin into their ecu!