VS-VY Enhanced Factory Bins

For discussion and distribution of custom code and hacks
stevedarman
cars: VX commodore

Re: Enhanced Factory Bins

Post by stevedarman »

Mine looks like that How do i know if it is the right one?
stevedarman

Post by stevedarman »

I have just remembered i have used this aldl plug on vx flash pcm and it worked fine
Any ideas?
The1

Post by The1 »

no idea as we have no idea what is in it being an ebay one and you have provided little to no information. If you have followed the guides correctly and have the right com port selected and being no issue with the ebay adaptor it will work.

Here is the tunerpro datalogging guide if you missed it.
http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2223

Also checkout the FAQ button on the toolbar top right of the forums, plenty of info in there.
hot308vb
cars: Vt v6 Berlina daily driver
vs clubsport high comp solid cammed 355 brass buttoned t56 6 speed 4.11 diff

Post by hot308vb »

Hey guys just a quick question, I've just downloaded the vs v6 Na v1.4 with its adx and xdf and found one of the force motor parameters has been labled wrong again. I remember this from ages ago but can't think as to which one was incorrect. Can someone tell me which one is the normal and which one is for the performance
cheers
Rob
The1

Post by The1 »

i take it you mean tables in the xdf? they are all correct.
stevedarman

Post by stevedarman »

Got it working I had to untick RS232 echo its logging fine now

Is there any instruction on how to use the maf tuning histogram?
hot308vb
cars: Vt v6 Berlina daily driver
vs clubsport high comp solid cammed 355 brass buttoned t56 6 speed 4.11 diff

Post by hot308vb »

Thnx The1 but I thought the normal mode force motor pressure 103-206 table may have been accidently labelled that instead of the performance table??? If not how do I establish how much pressure is being commanded in performance mode?
The1

Post by The1 »

Stevedarman, i wouldn't touch the MAF tables unless you have to. Use Inj Multiplier table to adjust fueling.

hot308vb, The two tables used to be labeled incorrectly as normal/performance when in fact they are just the "MAIN" line pressure tables, it is currently labeled "Normal Mode" being that it's not COLD or HOT Mode, then everything is a Delta from that. EG:

All Modes 2-3-4 Pressure Offset (PSI) V's TPS
Normal & Manual Mode - 2-3-4 Gear Pressure Offset
Performance Mode - 2-3-4 Gear Pressure Offset
The1

Post by The1 »

An update about the current MAF situation, Most of you would have seen the threads about the fake 25168491 LS6 maf's So just a note when purchasing one to look for 3 identical sensor wires and also the Silver Delphi Badge.

I have been sent some other MAF's to test,

One being ACDelco 15900023 MAF, similar to the LS6 MAF but is an all plastic body and i think used on some VZ V8's? in AU and they are very cheap $30 - $40, the performance is good, i have only got the one to test but it flatlined at 12,000hz pretty identical performance to the LS6 25168491 which after testing some more about 4 in total now they vary between 12,000 - 14,5000hz

The other MAF is the LS7 Card MAF, ACDelco 15865791, this MAF is quiet a beast, if you can max out either the plastic or metal LS6 type mafs then go for one of these, i would recommend it only really for more experienced people as it's range is VERY different. On the bench with the 3 i had to test they all met a minimum of 15,600hz one making it almost to 16,000hz. Now the big issues when i tried it in a vehicle was that the range being so different the car would not even start, the sensor airflow metering between 0-15,000hz is different. I ended up adding in more fuel on my VS V6 to get it started and get idle back in range, changing the base injector rate from 360 stock to 520 which is around 50%, once changing this the fueling over the idle - WOT range is within 10% so no big deal, but here comes the issue, because the range is so different this alters the cylair calculation, for example at IDLE it used to be 2800hz & 190cylair with stock maf or either LS6 MAF's it is now 2100hz & 85 cylair, WOT was 9000hz & 670 cylair, it is now 7900hz & 490cylair, you can see what this will do to your spark timing!! It was not very happy but luckilly i hadn't WOT'd from the get go untill making some adjustments. So you can now see why this MAF will take some work to tune in. One other drawback is your resolution is now 0-490 cylair instead of 0-670, but you wouldn't be bothering with this MAF on a N/A so Supercharged it will prob not affect as much only loosing a few rows. All in All i can't see the biggest worked L67 maxing this out but ill be happy to be proven wrong lol

Just a note that other than fueling being out with the two LS6 MAF's the range calibration is near identical to stock, so all other items such as spark/cylair will be very close to stock.

I will shortly update the General Information PDF with more details on the MAF's, obviously there is also fakes and generics around of these so the PDF will include photos of the genuine items, part numbers etc etc.

On another topic ive had a few people ask me about Being Paid collectively to work for Chunks or whole days on coding so that it can advance much more quickly, i would like to say yes but in reality i dont want the pressure to deliver, this a free mod that i could have just done for my own model and kept to myself, but seeing the enjoyment and progress of others vehicles is what keeps me going and filling a gap where currently no software allows higher airflow tuneability with current technology.

I will say that i will accept donations or donations of items. For example if you would like other MAF models to be tested and documented for Enhanced Mod Support.
stevedarman

Post by stevedarman »

Looks like you have your hands full here
I am new to MAF system
Can you tell me how to work with the maf and Inj Multiplier table to adjust fueling.
or direct me to where i can read up on this
Thanks