antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: First RT Tuning Experience - OSE 12P BCLF based Camaro

Post by antus »

potentially different reference voltages between the wideband and the ecu. Does the wideband in tunerpro read the same as it's physical gauge? If the ecu isnt getting an accurate wideband reading, it'll make big inaccurate changes on the cells it spends the most time in.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

Cool, thanks Antus. I'll have to re-check the wires.

Ahah... that might be what's been killing it with spurious lean spikes :thumbup:

Edit 2: I checked the wiring again, it seems okay... then I found a couple of tiny pin holes in the exhaust flange and welded it up. Don't know if that was it, or that B9 (MAP Switch - toggle was grounding to System Earth circuit, well I snipped that wire just in case.
Last edited by redcamaro on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

Here's a spreadsheet to easily update your VE Table from BLM Log results.

Spreadsheet error, fix pending - BLM Logs easy into VE Table v1.1.xls
1. Paste your current VE Table Values
2. Paste your BLM Log results
3. Copy the integrated values into your VE Table.

Integrated means that any changed values are integrated into your current values, which remain the same - if those cells were not covered during your logging session/drive.
Last edited by redcamaro on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

As I keep taking BLM logs it seems to insist on taking fuel out, am I using the wrong data from the BLM tables?

I've been using the Running Average from BLM logs and put it through the spreadsheet that I posted yesterday.

Thought I had it yesterday, but I think I'm starting to mess it up again.
VE Fuel Curve 0
VE Fuel Curve 0
redcamaro-fuel-curve-0.GIF (46.06 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
VE Fuel Curve 3
VE Fuel Curve 3
redcamaro-fuel-curve-3.GIF (28.12 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
VE Fuel Curve 6
VE Fuel Curve 6
redcamaro-fuel-curve-6.GIF (30.83 KiB) Viewed 5010 times
It is capable of adding fuel, so why has it stopped adding?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i'd like to see the log your using the make these changes .... i'm wondering if your changing the ass about .... ie. a value that should increase the table is decreasing it, because your VE screen shots look like that is the case.

also note BLM will not work with ve learn on!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The spreadsheet is good, but needs to have so much going on with formulas in it! Noticed what I think are some small bugs with the interpolation, but can make it all much easier just adjusting the ADX history tables. Attached is the ADX with adjusted columns to make it the same as the VE table.
Attachments
OSE_$12PV111_1BAR - Petrol.adx
V1.11.2
(77.69 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

Holden202 wrote:i'd like to see the log your using the make these changes .... i'm wondering if your changing the ass about .... ie. a value that should increase the table is decreasing it, because your VE screen shots look like that is the case.

also note BLM will not work with ve learn on!
Starting with this bin:
REDCAMARO-DYNO1-MOD3-6 (3).bin
This one seems pretty good regards drivability (except for AE)
(32 KiB) Downloaded 256 times
So the log of a drive on the above bin is this: [Darn it! I didn't save it] but there was mostly 100's in the BLM Running Average, except for a few cells which I changed through the BLM spreadsheet.

You can see which ones they were by comparing the VE Table with the one in this bin - which is the result, and logged afterwards to show you that more fuel is being taken out that wasn't 'outed' in the first bin above.

Here's the resulting (VE Table) bin:
REDCAMARO-DYNO1-MOD3-6 (3)1.bin
Only change is a few cells in the VE Table
(32 KiB) Downloaded 271 times
Then I logged this bin and (wella) it wants to take out more fuel... I know from messing around that if I was to do that the car would be bordering on undriveable.

Here's the log of a drive on REDCAMARO-DYNO1-MOD3-6 (3)1.bin:
sdgtsdgfsdgsdgsdgsdgsdg.xdl
Log of REDCAMARO-DYNO1-MOD3-6 (3)1.bin
(175.96 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
(Microsoft Windoze is the biggest rort the world has ever seen).

Anyway, as you can see... it wants me to take out more fuel when the car seems to be getting really close to good - in terms of VE Fuel? If I do that and chug around again it will want even more fuel removed - and so on.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Your narrowband O2 sensor is looking very lazy with no cross counts during closed loop. It should be swinging rich and lean during closed loop to have good BLMs.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i agree the narrowband looks screwed!

why is there no longer a wideband in the logs ? i'd be putting that back in and use it for tuning and turf the blm method!

do you also realise your car starts off at 110 degrees and only gets to about 102 degrees in that log ?
redcamaro

Post by redcamaro »

VL400 wrote:Your narrowband O2 sensor is looking very lazy with no cross counts during closed loop. It should be swinging rich and lean during closed loop to have good BLMs.
Well spotted - Thanks VL400 - I wouldn't have seen that because the millivolts is showing a reading. I'm going to check it out on the car.

Meanwhile, are there any $12P settings that would affect the crosscounts - See the posted bin I thought I had changed BLM Idle Cell kpA to match my idle range, but it appears to be the stock BCLF set.