VT S1 LS1 track car

Post any other rides you have here
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Re: VT S1 LS1 track car

Post by krusty »

Sounds like you had a top time! Lucky the last session happened ahaha. No better way to get it outta your system than free run :punk:
monaro308
cars: VT S1 LS1 C/dore track car
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Holden202T wrote:good to see you actually got to give the car a good thrashing after all the work and issues at the start of the day!

so whens the next track day he he :)
May 3/4 at Phillip Island :lol: probably just the Saturday and HSV just replied asking for interest on sept 7 at sandown again :mrgreen:
krusty wrote:Sounds like you had a top time! Lucky the last session happened ahaha. No better way to get it outta your system than free run :punk:
Yeah weather was great and no major hassles or breakdowns makes a better day.
VL400 wrote:Fantastic mate, sounds like you had one very fun day :driving: Job well done with the car, no major issues on the first outing :thumbup:
Thanks VL400,a few tips from people on here helps as well,plus any issues PCM wise I know I can rely on helpful answers.

Cheers all :driving:
monaro308
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Hi all,my mate sent me his go pro footage from his VS chasing me at Sandown and uploading to youtube it seems to take FOREVER (just under a 600mb file) do they take that long to upload? Never uploaded to youtube b4.
I know there are variables etc ....just curious :D

Just about all set for Phillip Island this Saturday :thumbup: ...extension housing seal was leaking so that's done and lowered the ride height a touch.
PRAYING for decent weather :driving:
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

absolutely it will take forever to upload a 600meg file over ADSL... say you have the fastest adsl2, thats around 20,000kbit/sec download and 1000kbit/sec upload. at 1000kbit/sec upload its around 125kilobytes per sec. a 600 meg file will take around 80 mins, and thats the best case scenario !!.

to make it faster you can use something like windows live movie maker to trim it up and cut the crap bits out to shorten it, then encode to a more efficient codec and upload your now much smaller video to youtube. or wait till you have 100megabit upload thanks to the NBN :typist: then itll take under 2 minutes haha
monaro308
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Thanks Jayme adsl2 here so i'll see what I can muster up.
cheers
monaro308
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

I ended up uploading to my photobucket and kept em short.
This vid is my mates VS chasing me.

This vid was on the starting grid,im on the left of my mates VS,he said he was gonna burn some rubber and I decided to do a normal start......and then go in hot and wide on turn 2 :lol:

:driving:
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Old 5l did alright to keep up with you can really see you pulling on the straights though looks like heaps of fun out there
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

haha nice start!, gota warm the tyres some how lol
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
monaro308
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Yeah my mate was reeling me in on the corners and I'd pull away on the straights.
Him and his bro bought the VS together (it was a very clean VS SLR to start with) about 4 years ago and his bro has never driven it...not sure why.
He was there on the day to do a passenger session with his bro and decided to go home mid arvo thinking they were running out of time and the organisers
were gonna cut the session out,but another mate (who is building a VX SS at the moment) jumped in with him near the end of the day.
Its a stock 5Lt and hasn't missed a beat in 3 or so years of running.
I was happy with my best time on the last session of the day with a 1:34.53 nudging out my mate with a best of 1:34.63 considering me and the car had never turned a wheel (or leg) :lol:

Phillip Island will be an eye opener for sure although I have done a bike day in the late 90's on my old RGV250.
monaro308
HJ GTS Monaro Coupe
CV8 V2 S3
VE SSV

Post by monaro308 »

Another track day done on Saturday at Phillip Island :thumbup:
After keeping an eye out on the weather all week and expecting cold crap weather,we ended up with a dry overcast and no wind 3 session morning that turned into a wet 1 session windy after lunch session and then dried out quickly final 5th session.
Had a BALL again and like everyone says....its a ripper of a track.
Any "off" is going to be a fairly high speed off.
Not much braking is done but its a definite horse power/handling circuit and was getting the hang of it every session except the wet session as I had noooo idea what the car was like in the wet.
I was surprised with the amount of grip the semi slicks gave (although I was taking it easy) but a couple of scary aqua planing moments
from southern loop to Honda corner got the heart rate up!
Car ran like a clock all day and the extension housing seal did its job with no leaks.
Going by my lap timer,i managed a best time of 1:59.75 for my first time at the island but most of the day was spent in the 2:02 -2:03 as I rarely got clear laps.
My mates VS sat in the 2:02-2:03 most of the day as well.
Overall another fun day :thumbup:
pic1.jpg
pic1.jpg (180.53 KiB) Viewed 5542 times
pic2.jpg
pic2.jpg (220.1 KiB) Viewed 5542 times
pic3.jpg
pic3.jpg (176.64 KiB) Viewed 5542 times
pic4.jpg
pic4.jpg (161.16 KiB) Viewed 5542 times