VR SS Project

Wiring diagrams and questions
Holden202T

Re: VR SS Project

Post by Holden202T »

ever since i've had my GQ-4X burner i've never had any luck with burning offsets so i've always just stacked bins to get the right sizes, might be worth a try ?
benk
cars: VN V6 Commodore

Post by benk »

could be the problem have to load the bin with the offset already in it. How do you stack bins? I have never done that before....
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

in tunerpro there is a split/stacker option in the menu, allows you to stack as many times as you want.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

In the 12P package there are stacked bins that you can load direct to an NVRAM and not have to use any offsets, it has two bins stacked starting at 8000 and 18000 so covers both banks.
benk

Post by benk »

so with the stacked bins do I have to do anything special when editing them or will it update both the stacked bins at the same time?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

if you mean editing via realtime, then it will edit the bin that is currently running. Use the map a/b jumper to pick which one is running (with the engine off) should you want to access the second copy (not normally required).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
benk

Post by benk »

most of the editing will be done real time but if I need to do it off line or edit the bin before I install it on the car how is that done with the stacked bins?
benk

Post by benk »

Picked up the VN wiring harness today and was given the computer as well..... Had on the coputer in paint pen "215kw black VP"..... So thought I may have scored a Memcal with the V8 knock board pulled the cover off and had the standard ASBX 5ltr in it... lol so someone got ripped off and still don't have a V8 knock board yet...
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

With the stacked bins, use the first bin as your main one (so the MAP_SW jumper is installed on the NVRAM and the LED is on with the key on). So burn the base stacked bin (BLCF stacked for a V8). Then open TP and either make online RT changes or offline (There is a TP plugin guide here .. https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=590). You could edit the stacked bin prior to writing to an NVRAM with the programmer but you need to mess with the offset in the XDF, easier to burn the stacked bin and read it from the ECU to edit.

Then when your done can update the second bank of the NVRAM, can either be in TunePro or flashtool. Flashtool you would firstly leave the MAP_SW jumper on, do a get cal, key off and remove the MAP_SW jumper, key on and do a write cal. Both banks will be the same now. Can key off and re-install the MAP_SW jumper, you have a backup on the NVRAM in case you need it.

TunerPro and the OSEplugin is similar, you need to read from the ECU (use the down arrow) then key off, remove jumper, key on and use the up arrow to write the cal to the second bank.
benk

Post by benk »

No worries will give it a go when I can eventualy get back to the car as it looks like the roads will still be flooded for the next few days