VS Commodore 202 Drag Car :)

Post any other rides you have here
delcowizzid

Re: VS Commodore 202 Drag Car :)

Post by delcowizzid »

haha jayme still making pretty graphs with excell
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

nosgraph.png
nosgraph.png (48.35 KiB) Viewed 4720 times
yep, here is the one I made to show the torque hit nos gives and how a staged approach keeps you from having a 650nm of torque hit all at once
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

so for those not familiar with the motor in this car, its my old 202 from the gemini before i went turbo .... and the graph is based off the dyno print out i have of the motor when it was in the gemini, it made 200hp at the wheels naturally aspirated on methanol..... now the VS is heavier but has the same gearbox and diff ratio and up until a few days it had the same converter .... lol! only difference is heavier car and larger height slicks.

so Jayme has graphed that dyno print out into excel (as best as we could from the dyno graph and drag racing logs etc) and then added the nitrous hits to it to show how it changes everything.... obviously the numbers are rough calculations ... weather the actual numbers match or not doesn't really matter, it gives a fairly good idea of where its all heading!
HQ355
cars: HQ Holden

Post by HQ355 »

I'm sure that's what the General was thinking back in the 60's when he designed the holden 6 lol
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

damn right, thats why the old 202 is loving it :P

scotty hesitated when someone suggested gas, (because its still my motor) i told him i basically will never use it again aside from a few parts, and i am just as interested as everyone else here to see how quick we can actually get it to go!

i figure a very similar spec motor in the gemini is taking 20psi of boost and making somewhere around 400hp at the wheels, so there is no reason why his can't take the same with gas ..... going off the weight of the car and the online calcs at 400hp we should get a 11.05 1/4 ..... so as per Jaymes graph above we are going to work up to a little over 400hp to see if we can get it to run a 10 :)
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Nice chart Jayme, good way to see what is going on.
slewinson
cars: Barina SB C14SE
Lexus RX350
VW Golf Mk5 TDI DSG

Post by slewinson »

The graph makes me ask how viable is it for an 808 to control the giggle gas flow and add the required enrichment so as to have variable horsepower without the steps in torque. Less stress on drivetrain too.

Simon
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

yeah made me think of the ultimate nos system... it would be a separately controlled gas injector injecting nitrous using the same pulse frequency as a normal fuel injector but a separately variable duty cycle to give you a controlled variance in flow over the rev range to produce even horsepower increase.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

https://www.holley.com/products/nitrous ... s/15974NOS

And this one is for V8's only but thought I would had it in anyway

http://www.jacobselectronics.com.au/nitrous.htm
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i have looked at ebay and online options for staging it and while they do allow more control they are alot dearer than two relays :)