cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Some updates.

Got my booster rebuilt with my provided e-coated housing and zinc plated internals. Everything else is new. Got it done by Power brakes in SA. Fantastic job.
still was holding a full vacuum when I unpacked it lol. Can only be a good thing
IMG_2291.JPG
IMG_2292.JPG

Also got my stuff back from e-coating, finish is holy shit better this time. All the effort of chemically stripping those parts instead of blasting them was well worth it. Also got a few odd screws and studs zinc plated.

IMG_2296.JPG
IMG_2298.JPG

Because of that I was also able to finish my A/C condenser. Aftermarket core but with freshly e-coated genuine OEM frame and re-plated screws.

Also picked up a PWR trans cooler for use as a PS cooler. Just need to fabricate a frame to mount to the existing screw points on the condenser frame.

IMG_2301.JPG

Picked up my NOS heads. Perfect! hopefully get these worked on next year some point. Was doing some initial valve drop measurements and piston to valve clearance calculations for my next engine. I calculated closest approach was about 2.2mm. Bit close for comfort so there will probably some small reliefs designed in to the custom pistons.

IMG_2302.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Another pic.

IMG_2303.JPG

Also, manged to do this.
IMG_2185.JPG
IMG_2186.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
jenko
cars: hilux v6
jaguar v12
mitsubishi lancer
fj cruiser
sv 21 camry wagon

Post by jenko »

so what are you doing over the Christmas break
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

depends if I get the car back or not.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Santa delivered, one of his surplus red sleds. :lol:
IMG_2306.JPG

Same pic, different year.... and car.

IMG_2307.JPG

Good attention to detail and fantastic job.

IMG_2308.JPG

Looks nice in there. Red and ready lol.

IMG_2311.JPG

Test fitted my restored quarter glass, looks as good as nos, actually a little shinier.

IMG_2310.JPG

Fitted an actual NOS one left side, that's done and dusted. I need to get some more seal by the roll from Clark rubber for the right side. Fucked up one I got trying to slice it into a 5mm wide strip. Next time I will get a much wider one as a 10mm wide seal was a cunt to try hold with a straight edge and hence why I fucked it up. Will go for a like a 30mm wide so I can hold it down properly.

IMG_2312.JPG

Also have fitted the horn and both side indicators already. Filled all the paint edges down in all the body cut outs, necessary to get some of the bits installed. Tested fitted front badge, took some filling of the thick 2 pack edges left from marking paper to get it to fit nice.

Test fitted a head light but need some soft tube to put on the indicator pins as the original witch's hat grommets are all perished, no luck at any of the wrecking yards, all fucked as well and nothing off the shelf as they are uniquely designed shape.

So clark rubber should have some EPDM soft rubber cord or tube I can glue on to the pin. Its like an isolator sort of locating pin setup.

Test fitted tail lights, one NOS and one restored. Restored one was actually better looking lol, much shinier. I need to take it easy on the polish.... or go harder on the polish and do the NOS stuff too :punk:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Also tested fitted these on an actual car and also was good checking to see if I could install them after the quarter glass were installed, which I can so that's a relief.

Carbon fiber reinforced nylon prints are coming early in the new year and they will be the final product. I will start producing more to sell.

IMG_2314.JPG
Comparing to an original. My ones look more precise along the edges but otherwise virtually identical to the originals.

Because the originals are injection mouded there is tooling inaccuracies along the multiple partings, tooling wear, and shrinkage in the thicker parts due to cooling once moulded. 3D printing eliminates those problems.

IMG_2316.JPG
IMG_2313.JPG
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Look whats for sale here lol
Screenshot_20180107-124252.png
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

too bad its a V8 one.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Backing the day I brought some NOS VN V6 for around $60 from Holmart. He had heaps of them.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I havn't seen a v6 one in nos for years, at least not pre ecotec ones. I came too late to the party for those, otherwise I wouldn't be spending 600+ on building new ones from scratch.