Vlad's rides thread

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
ejukated

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by ejukated »

vlad01 wrote:Some updates.

Picked up my NOS heads. Perfect! hopefully get these worked on next year some point. Was doing some initial valve drop measurements and piston to valve clearance calculations for my next engine. I calculated closest approach was about 2.2mm. Bit close for comfort so there will probably some small reliefs designed in to the custom pistons.

IMG_2302.JPG
What style piston top was that?
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

based on flat tops yet to be designed.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Doors were gutted and car rolled out and everything inside was washed good. Also that yellow goo stuff I spent 3 hours removing from the door. I have new tube of butyl mastic to re do the membranes.
IMG_2339.JPG
IMG_2337.JPG
IMG_2338.JPG
I sanded these for ages and ages but finally got all the roughness I could get out and re-coated them in gloss vinyl dye.
IMG_2318.JPG
IMG_2319.JPG
IMG_2320.JPG
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

They came up great! like NOS almost. :thumbup:

IMG_2321.JPG
IMG_2322.JPG

Got the garnish and tail lights roughly installed. Don't ask how much that used garnish cost :oops:

IMG_2329.JPG

Bent up my brake lines, pics will come later of them installed as I get to the engine bay, there is one down below with the diff. Thanks G for the lend of the pipe tools :thumbup:

IMG_2328.JPG

Dropped the front end, going build new struts and have the rack reco'd.

I have a nos K frame and the control arms are already good to go.

IMG_2341.JPG
IMG_2344.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Looks empty now.

IMG_2342.JPG

Finally arrived, only took nearly 2 months. NOS RH rear quarter. Got a complete set for the S now.

IMG_2357.JPG

Cut these gaskets at work.

Have brake booster to firewall, Garnish stud seal, some rubber washers, washer bottle contact pads for prevention of paint wear though, rear handbrake lever seals... etc..

IMG_2354.JPG

Washer bottle pads.

IMG_2363.JPG

The garnish studs needed a slight adjustment to not bend the garnish over the back of the boot.

IMG_2358.JPG

Foam washers installed.

IMG_2359.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The adjustment turned out perfect. Before only the center ones were contacting with the adjustable outers sitting way off in the air. I suspect this might be the cause of all the garnishes typically cracking on the 1/3 sections due to this stress as they are all screwed in to the max.

IMG_2361.JPG

Fitment complete. Also note I replaced the lip seal top and bottom lip of the garnish with a better quality EPDM foam rubber instead of the PVC foam the factory used which just stays squished and goes brittle.

IMG_2362.JPG

Got all the cables back in and refilled the lock mechanism. Also installed new badge pin retainer thingos. The silver ones from Rares is the ones you want. I bought both sizes from them not really knowing which it was, there is black ones and silver. Silver is right for VP

IMG_2366.JPG

Job for today was getting the handbrake stuff sorted how that I had the foam seal for the lever. I glued that on with contact 205.

A trick I worked out for stopping everything for jumping out while installing the return springs was cable tying the shoes together. Worked great!

IMG_2367.JPG

Looks like VSH right there.

IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

darn good idea with the cable tie for the brake shoes
looks bloody fantastic VSH, will have to come see this thing in the flesh
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yeah I got sick of the shoes, adjuster and retainers falling on the floor while trying to put it together, so fuck it......cable ties it is.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Also forgot to mention the struts had been rebuilt before, once again fucking pedders were found in there. Should be called peddos suspension as cars are always getting molested by their junk.

No wonder the ride was crap.
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

yep. Pedders = garbage. Utter garbage. IIRC they were /are the control suspension for the VN/VP and EA/EB saloon cars.
the VT had Pedders in it. instant bin when i put the lowered KYB in there

just thinking about it I think they should rebrand NOS to VSH.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.