vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

Nah, everything is new, including the pivot ball and clutch cable. I triple checked everything and carefully measured and set the fork as per my corrected spec (exedy's one is wrong by 40mm! and spread as misinformation across the net).

Like I said, I've had this exact issue before with exedy. I'd say it's more a defective or incorrectly designed clutch cover.

I have used CI, NPC and Extreme(LUK) and never had an issue with them, even the 50% heavier diaphragm with the NPC it's still much much easier to press than the exedy stock kits I have used, that used the steel bearing carrier with Falcon bearing which is larger diameter, this decreases the leverage on the fingers which add to the pedal effort slightly, yet still lighter and felt good.

Although the last one was extremely light and barely had enough clamp, it did creak all the time, exactly the same as this one. No other car or clutch ever once creaked except the exedy ones.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I'm surprised with your comment about the clutch. A new clutch should be light and feel even lighter from half way down because the diaphragm goes over centre. Was the diaphragm flat after you tightened it down?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

It certainly was, dead flat and all fingers exactly flat.

The old one looked like one before installation and as soon as I cracked the cover bolts there was no tension, yet it still had good bite surprisingly. It was completely worn out and obviously has exploded too :lol:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I'm not sure I follow. I have found Exedy to be top clutch kits so I'm surprised with your problem. Are you saying the new cutch has also exploded the clutch plate?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I mean the old previous one exploded, but that's fair as it endured way more use than it was ever designed for. That is also one that made the creaking sound.

The new one creaks too.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

100% the pressure plate is faulty. The pedal at certain RPMs clangs like no tomorrow, just like the Vacationer did all those years ago with a stock exedy kit.

Now it's slipping :( But that does not surprise me as the feel of it felt very very soft on the engagement point.

Just have to baby it until I got some funds and time to chuck in an Extreme kit. Kicking myself for not getting one in the first place. What's that saying, fool me once, shame on you...?

:lol: :wall:
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

If it's faulty shouldn't you send it back for a refund?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I suppose. But not sure if that is possible once it's been installed and used? I'll ask my mechanic next time I see him.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Does that car have the slave cylinder inside the gearbox or on the outside with a release falk?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Cable and fork.