vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Vlad's rides thread

Post by vlad01 »

If you change your mind ;) but all in all you are a lifesaver!
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:When I did the new clutch again. This was much better quality, larger surface area on the disk for the same pressure plate size and the pressure plate itself had cut outs around the mounting bolts so you can actually use a socket unlike the Exedy one I had.
That's one of the reason I changed to cap screws for the pressure plate bolts (and they were free).
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

That's a great idea. Although, this is the first time I've had this particular problem. Not at all an issue with the better brands out there.

I have referenced the air temp spark retard for 12P in this thread for future reference. "Charge temp vs MAP advance bias (-subtraction term)" A potential solution to prevent knock in certain low speed high rpm, high intake temp conditions. For those that don't have or want to use the factory knock sensor.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8423

Also, all the clutch type woes and questions for upgrades, ceramic, puck etc... Here.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8395
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Got the new heater taps, they are basically exactly the same as the stock ones, but with bit longer barbs.

I fitted it and my heater now turns off as it should.

image_67161345.JPG
image_67180801.JPG
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Stumbled across these on ebay. Very nice!, only criticism is the use of tapered thread instead of ORB, which makes a lot harder to get the right fitting and need for excessive adapters. I also hate the idea of thread sealant with fuel.

If I had it my way, I would add one extra port in the top middle of the each rail for things like pressure sensors/gauges and top mount pressure dampers. That would eliminate the need for a shit ton of fitting and adapters hanging off the already adapter heavy design.

But anyway, that's way cool to see stuff like this making a comeback for the old buick.
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 09-44-11 VN VP VR BUICK V6 L27 HIGH FLOW BILLET FUEL RAILS HOLDEN TURBO JL ENGINEERING eBay.png
Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 09-44-11 VN VP VR BUICK V6 L27 HIGH FLOW BILLET FUEL RAILS HOLDEN TURBO JL ENGINEERING eBay.png (453.01 KiB) Viewed 1801 times

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/186167564584
immortality

Post by immortality »

Definitely should have been ORB O ring fittings.

Could always contact them and ask/suggest? It wouldn't be hard to change the design.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

100%, then you can fit any good direct mount fuel reg and position it any way you want and it's more compact either way as ORB screws all the way down.
immortality

Post by immortality »

They make some L67 ones but the same issue, taper instead of ORB.
Rhysk94
cars: VE SS-V
VY V6 Turbo “Ecojet”
FG XR6 Turbo
VY V6 Stocker Farm Hack
VY V6 Turbo Manual Drift Hack
VY L67 Calais
N80 Toyota Hilux
VX Stocker Farm Hack
FG XR6 Turbo

Post by Rhysk94 »

You guys need to get onto the facebook groups for the L27/L36/L67 scene more often!
The rails were posted on their through the design and manufacturing stage!
It is 98% absolute pure specimens on those pages, but would be a real pleasure to have a lot of you knowledgable guys on there!
immortality

Post by immortality »

Unfortunately I don't do facebook.