DELCO ECU Swapping

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
zhivat
cars: Opel/Vauxhall Car

DELCO ECU Swapping

Post by zhivat »

Hi, guys....

Need more info about Swapping my Delco ECU (ALDL based with 16 pin)... My car has Ecotech engine L4 2.2L, SOHC, EGR, oxygen sensor, MAP System and 5 speed manual trans...

Prefer with Delco ECU which already have XDF and ADX file so I can play with them.... Hard to play with my current Delco ECU :comp: because the car just sold in Southeast Asia...

Thanks....
Last edited by zhivat on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: DELCO ECU Swapping

Post by antus »

what info do you need? try comparing the wiring diagram for 12p in the 12p thread to the one for your ecu. see how much of it you can match up.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
zhivat

Post by zhivat »

If it can fit with Delco 808 I want to try it or maybe there is another recommend Delco ECU....
Last edited by zhivat on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

The 808 is map based and the most configurable so that would be the best delco option.

It will be a big job, you will need to take the car off the road for some time to work through any problems one by one.

The ignition trigger system and the knock system do not look compatible, and the speed system is a maybe.

The knock detection system could be removed. And the ignition system could be supported with one of VL400s future products.

You will need to invest time and money to do it, but its possible.

I think you would be better off buying opel op-com as ivanovbg suggested and if that does what you want it would be a lot simpler and cheaper.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
zhivat

Post by zhivat »

Have tried OPCOM and not worked to my ECU....
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

To gain the ability of adjusting fan temps and rev limit it seems like a huge job to convert to 12P.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

did you move the data pin when you tried op-com?

If fan temps are your main thing, it might be best to connect the fan relays to some kind of stand alone fan controller
zhivat

Post by zhivat »

Yes, moved pin 9 to 7, but live data not shown actual value....
Have installed fan controller at this time, just want to know where the hex
Is DELCO 808 use same processor like mine? Think to try the 808 BIN first if possible? Looks like the 808 ECU pic like mine..... Have tried eprom from different engine..
Last edited by zhivat on Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

no, they are related but different enough not to be plug and play. It will be a big job to get an 808 working in your car.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Have you got a data interface that connects to a PC? You could use that to listen to the data the op-com sends to the ECU for IDing it and erasing the DTC. Would be a start towards working out how to log it. From disassembling the bin you posted the way it works is very different to the ALDL we see in Australia.