Wanting a library of performance tunes

Want a chip to suit your application? Ask here. Include as much detail in your request as possible.
farmboynick
cars: vy ss ute
vy hsv r8 clubsport c4b
vr s pac ecotec

Wanting a library of performance tunes

Post by farmboynick »

Wanting a library of performance tunes to suit vn to vy commodores i have all the std ones that came with the id tool (which is awesome) but would like stage 1-4 tunes etc, i have searched the site but have not found alot, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated
cheers
The1

Re: Wanting a library of performance tunes

Post by The1 »

stage 1-4 lol. That's only ebay rubbish.

There's a custom tune section Here
farmboynick
vy hsv r8 clubsport c4b
vr s pac ecotec

Post by farmboynick »

as i said there is bugger all there, i have looked. as for stage 1-4 i was only using as a reference however i did like your link :-)

still after a library of different performance tunes
The1

Post by The1 »

generally you wont find alot on any sites as people dont like sharing them. Anything your after in particular? Or Reason i can ask.
farmboynick
vy hsv r8 clubsport c4b
vr s pac ecotec

Post by farmboynick »

just wanted a collection for me and the local boys to play with, we have a variaty of commodores between us all with a variation of mods and some with none, sharing is caring and i don't mind helping others out in anyway i can
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I think you'll have more success trying to find or better yet make tunes 1 at a time for each car. Most people here try to create tunes to suit specific mods rather than chucking around random bin collections, which mostly just creates the next round of ebay sellers (and ebay victims) and is about as useful as pissing in the wind.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
The1

Post by The1 »

agree with the above, i dont have much myself as i do everything custom via datalogs to suit.
farmboynick
vy hsv r8 clubsport c4b
vr s pac ecotec

Post by farmboynick »

well any chance of a good tune for a vs with a vy engine and auto 4hfd tranny i still have a lot of reading and digesting to do before i make my own, the boys will have to wait
cheers for the reply's
The1

Post by The1 »

start by compairing early vs late vs v6 tunes, early ones had more spark and worked well for 98ron, they toned it down later on as people used 91ron and crappy fuel which caused pinging.

have a look at the FAQ, plenty to pickup on. Including a guide in there i wrote for the basics of auto trans tuning.
https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

The1 wrote:agree with the above, i dont have much myself as i do everything custom via datalogs to suit.
thats right, you got to give an engine what it wants, that means tuning to suit every engine as a unique combo not as a generic one.

using generic tunes is a quick way to kill an engine.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.