Delcoed 750cc Motorbike Engine

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Jayme

Re: Delcoed 750cc Motorbike Engine

Post by Jayme »

yep :) my plan was to just unsolder the netres off the memcal altogether and replace it with one 10k resistor in those 2 pin holes, that way I can turn it back into a v6 memcal later if I really want.
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

If you set the netrs up for 2 cyl (i take it this is the way netrs are set for tbi -i noticed that there is a flag for tbi resistors in kal list) how do you set the flag in the bin file ,ie tick 8 cyl for 8 , 6 cyl for 6, neither set for 4 cyl ,what do you do to set for 2 cyl (do you just select tbi) and is there any way to set for 1 cyl .Interested for a future project in mind. :study:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

VL400 has added 2 cylinder option to $12P so you just put the number in that you want :P
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

Ive asked vl400 if he would kindly give me a copy of $12p but he said its not ready yet.Ive been checking this site daily for months eagerly waiting for its release .Ive got a version of kal 3 which is good ,but i think vl400s $12p will be better.Ive disassembled $12 s to try and learn how he does nvram write but hes offset a lot of the addresses which makes it very hard to follow exactly what hes done .I have got the flash tool to recognise a std $12 bin as ose by adding in a section of code at ff80 though.But the rest is not easy as i would have to spend a lot of time re addressing aldl tables to fit the aldl mode 11 and 12 in.I think ill just wait a bit longer . :wall:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

It will be out soon, providing testing is ok will be out in a week or two, just gotta get the boost stuff tested.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

ok bit of an update... the engine is successfully running on the camira ignition module. I have wired in the coolant temp sensor (bashed in between 2 fins on the head with a hammer, works great :D), the MAP sensor, MAT sensor, all the positives and earths , and the wires to the camira module. I locked up the machanical advance with a couple of washers. still running carby for fuelling, I was mainly testing to see if I could get spark to behave. I am using $12p with 2cyl mode (big thanks for VL400 for adding that for me )

with computer controlled spark you can tell its heaps better, I can get it to idle heaps smoother at 20deg advance, and have to close off the idle screw heaps. with the old mechanical advance, it would itle at 1 degree retarted.

It doesnt rev incredibly well, but thats carbies blocked up leaning it out, if I fuel it right up with my hand over the back of them, then give it a big rev it works great. so, test complete, now im going to replace the 2 carbies with some aluminium bends, going into a box with a VN commodore throttle body on the top. 2 standard VR injectors going into the back of the bends facing straight up the ports. I know the tb is too big but meh, if it is really a problem ill just swap it out for a camira one later.
with this intake setup, I can use the stock IAC and TPS, ill plumb the MAT into one of the runners and well be totally fuel injected. cant wait now :D
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Nice work, sounds really promising :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Awesome stuff jayme, dont think there will be too many people using 2cyl mode so your the official tester :lol:
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

been a while... this part of the project is the most difficult to organise - the manifold. I owe my dad a whole day of work for doing this for me :D
DSCN2345.JPG
DSCN2345.JPG (124.09 KiB) Viewed 6427 times
DSCN2346.JPG
DSCN2346.JPG (118.72 KiB) Viewed 6426 times

all I have to do now is make some forks up to hold the injectors into the manifold and mount the throttle body on. im just going to use a 4 way Tee on the fuel line, two hoses to injectors, one to the reg and one to the fuel pump.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nice work dad :punk:

out of interest, does something like a V6 fuel rail line up with the injectors or anything ?

bring on the first start i say :D