Mrfiat's fiat 131

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Mrfiat's fiat 131

Post by VL400 »

Sounds like all the effort was worth it with a good days tuning!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nice results :)

im interested to know, if that 3 bar works fine until it gets hot ? I've had one before that was like that, although it only changed readings by about 15kpa not 90kpa like yours!
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

Holden202T wrote: im interested to know, if that 3 bar works fine until it gets hot ?
I'm not sure yet, but could be temp related.
Mrfiat's faulty sensor is identical to mine, there are no distinguishing features and I'm almost certain they came out of the same injection mold. And of course, I chucked them both into a box together so now can't tell which is which :rant:
I measured both their voltages at atmospheric pressure and got 1.58v and 1.6v, then measured at "blowing into the hose" pressure and got 1.76v and 1.76v - so still no idea which is the bad one.
I was going to log them both over a few days and see if one of them went nuts, but maybe warming them up a bit might speed up the process.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah sit them in front of the heater for 10 minutes!

I found with mine it was fine when the engine way cold, then after 10-15 minutes running the engine bay heat effected it, was only when I keyed off and back on I noticed it was reading 85kpa at atmo! ... so then I did some testing and ended up getting the same results after putting it in the oven for a few minutes!