Parts and programs for 202 efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
rb3torana
cars: Torana

Parts and programs for 202 efi

Post by rb3torana »

After playing with a blow thru carb 202 for long enough I want to change to efi without the expense of microtech, haltechs etc. Im looking for the parts needed and what programs I need to download to be able to tune the ecu. Im looking at the 808 computer and camira module setup. Ive looked at a lot of threads on here and its making me a little confused to what I need. I thinks for the hardware side of things I need:

808 ecu
camira module
Now do I need a eprom burner and UV eraser? Or do I use the parts and programs in this thread? https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... f=27&t=356
I have a 3 bar MSD map sensor, can I use this for boost?

Thread on the car :) . http://www.turbo202.com.au/forums/viewt ... ?f=9&t=714

Any help and links would be great. Thanks
Holden202T

Re: Parts and programs for 202 efi

Post by Holden202T »

nice to see your making the switch to efi mate, you wont look back!

one concern I have is weather the vk efi manifold will clear your turbo ? aside from that shouldn't be too many dramas there.

as for the parts you need your correct, in the linked thread you will need either the usb or serial interface and you'll also want the nvram board. with this stuff you will be able to link to the delco with a laptop via serial or usb (your choice) and you will also be able to make changes in realtime.

you will need the OSE $12P files which will have all the stuff you need to get started, other than that you'll want to download tunerpro v5 rt (tunerpro.net) and then the files in the OSE $12P zip will be able to be used with it.

an eeprom eraser and eeprom programmer is not mandatory but very handy ... put it this way, if you corrupt the nvram you need a programmer to re-program it and if you want to put your tune off the nvram onto a normal memcal as a backup then you will need eraser and programmer.

from memory you already have a MTX-L in that car so that will be able to link into the ecm to give you a wideband reading in logs etc.

if the MSD map sensor is the same voltage range as a GM one then it should be fine to use up to 30psi :P

other than fuel system and manifold etc, you'll need to think about bigger injectors and a decent pump, you can get either commodore wiring loom or a camira/astra/pulsar loom and modify to suit.

and if you haven't found this already, have a read, this is my little write up of what I had to do to delco my torana/Gemini 202 and covers most of the stuff you will need to know.

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/view ... p?f=15&t=4

if you still have any queries post them up in this thread and someone will be able to help.

ps. I am gem202 of the turbo202 forum if you didn't know :thumbup:
rb3torana

Post by rb3torana »

Awesome thanks mate, kinda thought it was you :) . I cant seem to open this file OSEPlugin-144.zip, what program should I use to open it? I have also downloaded .NET 4.0 framework, does it need to be 3.5? Cheers
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the plugin file needs to be unzipped and then put it into the tunerpro plugins folder ... depends on what version of windows you have but normally its in my documents\tunerpro\plugins or something like that.

i'm not sure there is any requirement for .net other than for the ose flashtool
rb3torana

Post by rb3torana »

Ok, I think I have it working. Do I have to load a XDF file to view the bin files? Which XDF should I use? Ill probably go with your petrol bin first up Holden202T :) .
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah you need to load xdf which will be able to display all the information for the bin file.

are you still using the 603-112 camtech cam ? if so i have a methanol tune which has a VE table thats probably more suited to your motor, as i ran the same cam.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

XDF needs to match the bin, in the 12PV111 zip it has an XDF that suits that version of 12P. There are historical 12P versions in the thread in case you load up something other than a 12P V1.11 bin.

The turbo setup looks really neat in your build thread on turbo202 :thumbup: Should run much better on EFI :D
rb3torana

Post by rb3torana »

Ok so Ive loaded into TP5 ose12pv111 and a bin straight 6 startup and it works :thumbup: . Now do I need the flashtool to link it to the ecu? When you change some of the fuel/spark etc settings in tunerpro do they automatically get sent to the ecu? After you have made the change and are happy how do you save it to the ecu and allow you to disconnect the laptop? Sorry for so many questions just so used to microtech tuning lol. Thanks
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Probably the best way to start is to check the plugin page here:

https://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=590

It sounds like your past the setup stage, so dig in to the recommended guide currently "TunerPro RT Setup using OSEPlugin V140.pdf" half way through the first post. After some set up information it gets in to the basic usage which sounds like the point you are up to.

Once you have got your head around that and want to start tuning, take a look at holden202T's tuning with 12p guide in his signature above. That gets straight in to the tuning method.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
rb3torana

Post by rb3torana »

Will a vn v8 ecu and loom suit my needs? Also do I have to run an electronic speedo? As Id prefer not too. Cheers