Parts and programs for 202 efi

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: Parts and programs for 202 efi

Post by Holden202T »

the ecu is the same, for all models using the 1227808, but the memcals are cylinder specific, but if you use a nvram that doesn't matter.

as for the v8 loom, it has an ignition module to suit a hall effect dizzy, so you would either need to mod your dizzy for that or just run the camira module which works with the reluctor dizzy.

speedo is optional, ie. in my gemini i have nothing from the tranny. how much it effects driving on the street i can't say.
rb3torana
cars: Torana

Post by rb3torana »

Kool thanks mate, will keep you posted on my progress :) .
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I'm running a 202 trimatic in a UC with the 808 $12P, don't have the speedo connected to the ecu & it doesn't appear to affect it in the road.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

What distributors is everyone using? Holden202T used a blue motor electronic type. What are the VK ones like I think the carby version and the efi version are different pick ups? I can't find any for a reasonable price locally.
stevemc32

Post by stevemc32 »

They come up fairly regularly on ebay for under 50 bucks.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HQ-HZ-Electr ... 4172eeb9b3

I'd probably give this one a miss though with the damaged insides
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOLDEN-BOSCH ... 2ec7cd6477

I believe the EFI VK one will work no problems but the EST (carb) version is no good for modifying.
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

Thanks mate, I haven't looked on eBay for a while due to hi prices. I will keep an eye on the top one.
You say the efi one could be compatible, would that have the advance springs etc in it? I'm not familiar with the VK efi system.
I'm thinking if it doesn't it would be easier for me to modify.
stevemc32

Post by stevemc32 »

Pretty sure the VK efi one is the same as all the earlier model electronic distributors.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah every electronic dizzy will have advance that you need to lock and every dizzy is going to work from blue carby or black efi motors.
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

I'm pretty sure the VK EST (carb) dizzy is no good if you want an RPM signal, it has nothing in it. The EST module takes its pickup from the hall effect sensor at the top of the bell housing, from 3 magnets on the flywheel. The dizzy itself only contains a rotor with no advance mechanism, purely for spark delivery.

edit: oops, I see you said blue carby engines so all that is irrelevant. Sorry...
Dylan

Post by Dylan »

VK_3800 wrote:I'm pretty sure the VK EST (carb) dizzy is no good if you want an RPM signal, it has nothing in it. The EST module takes its pickup from the hall effect sensor at the top of the bell housing, from 3 magnets on the flywheel. The dizzy itself only contains a rotor with no advance mechanism, purely for spark delivery.

edit: oops, I see you said blue carby engines so all that is irrelevant. Sorry...
Very relevant mate, I was wondering about those dissy's. I didn't know that thank's!