what dfi module can i use with n13 pulsar ignition

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
hzpanny
cars: Hz holdens

what dfi module can i use with n13 pulsar ignition

Post by hzpanny »

Hi, im thinking of replacing my est ignition on my vk motor in my hz panelvan, im going to use n13 pulsar wiring and ignition module, i was wondering what dfi module i can use so i could use vn coil packs,
Jayme

Re: what dfi module can i use with n13 pulsar ignition

Post by Jayme »

as a DFI module is an ignition module in itself, you either use a DFI module, OR a n13 pulsar ignition module, not both. you can use a DFI module as seen in a v6 petrol holden jackeroo, as they have the simplest crank trigger, which you will need to fabricate and attach to your engine.

more info Here
hzpanny

Post by hzpanny »

Thanks, think dfi module way to go, would i be able to use my crank trigger sensor from the est vk , or would it need to be modified, just asking as it was brand new when i got the motor
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

I dont think it will be suitable for even the pulsar module as its a hall senor on the bell housing, the pulsar module needs a reluctor pickup. For DFI your going to need to fabricate a different type of trigger - the thread linked to by Jayme has the trigger patterns you need.

And what ECU are you running? You cant just wire up a DFI and have it run properly without some control from the delco ECU.
hzpanny

Post by hzpanny »

Oh ok, i looked at that link n i could get my brother to make me one up as he is a fitter n turner, i will be using either pulsar ecu or vn ecu, would i be able to get the trigger wheel to work on the flex plate n use the vk crank sensor
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

are you looking for just spark or spark + fuel? tell us a bit more about what you've got now and what you are trying to do. It sounds like your just want to replace the distributor ignition. If so you'll pretty much need to install most of the efi, but you dont need to connect the injectors, IAC, TPS if you dont want fuel. Your ecu will need the temperature sensors to calculate the right spark. You'll be most the way to an efi conversion to make this work.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
hzpanny

Post by hzpanny »

Im just looking for spark control atm with out using a distributor, i have vk est setup, i also have pullsar wiring and also have pulsar sensors n vn sensors, do i need just engine temp sensor or manifold temp sensor as well, i also have a vk inlet maniflod that was set up for lpg, i dont have any of the efi bits for manifold , i would like to use it for lpg still n maybe fuel later on
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You can get away with running only a few sensors with a spark only setup. Without a coolant and manifold temp sensor you do lose the spark correction features that relate to temp, but its really up to you what you want with it vs how much effort.