Antusprom - tunerpro realtime via ALDL

Programs / Tools / Scripts
mag
cars: VN Commodore

Re: Antusprom - tunerpro realtime via ALDL

Post by mag »

Tried 0.5 same problem. TP RT run ok but when I try to establish ALDL connection get "port failed to initialize". If I stop antusprom, connect h/w echo and hit the connect toolbar button I get an ALDL connection immediately.

Need h/w echo to get ALDL which kills antusprom or no h/w echo then antusprom ok. Will try SP & TP RT updating next.
mag

Post by mag »

Have now tried SP & TP RT and although no longer need h/w echo to get SP ALDL connection, if SP running antusprom cannot open COM1. My laptop will not share the ecu port (COM1) between RAM update & logging functions. Ant thought anyone.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

memories a bit scetchy but im pretty sure the com1 is only supposed to be used by antus prom to actually talk to the ECM you use the first ? com port of one pair for TP and the other for SP ?
mag

Post by mag »

Thanks Holden 202, your comment helped the penny drop. Although dopey me had the ecu on COM1, I was also trying to get the TP & SC ALDL connections to run through COM1. Now that TP RT ALDL is set to the second virtual COM pair (COM8) all is well. Thanks everyone for you assistance, problem was the operator at this end.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Im just back from successfully scanning and real time editing with antusprom 0.5. I found with 0.5 I needed an offset of 1 (subtract) in the xdf header to get everything to line up. Suck the data down from the ecu, instead of loading off disk and make sure the XDF offset is set so that the data looks correct. :oops:

Good to hear you got it going mag!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
mag

Post by mag »

Antus, now have TP RT working for updates & SP for logging. Although had to edit adx file & tick 232 echo before I could get data from SP.

TP RT data logging still no go. ALDL now connected but no useful data, continual requests & response failure. SP was same without 232 echo ticked. Hope this makes sense.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Which tunerpro RT are you using? I recall having it working but most the problem being all the best stream definitions were in scanner pro format and couldnt be converted back. Or are you using V5?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
mag

Post by mag »

V4. Not that important to fix TP data logging. Just need one that works with my modified 808. Anyway which is the better data logger TP or SP.
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

theres definatlely a lot better scanner engine in scanner pro, but tp5 is looking better again but is still beta. im using scannerpro with ose for the most part now, or tp5 with the 30hz feature but ive been mainly porting my previous tune by hand offline using the flash tool and direct with scanner pro for the better frame rate. Antusprom was useful for testing injector rates, though :)
mag

Post by mag »

Time to load it all into the car and see how I go. Intend to start with S12S with V6 cal and once I have the SC14 fitted, move to S12P with delcowizzid V6 bin. Again thanks to everyone for their assistance.