holden hz 350 overlander conversion

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: holden hz 350 overlander conversion

Post by Holden202T »

i'm just trying to work out why it doesn't pulse with the dizzy thats in it but it will with another dizzy that you plug in and spin ..... whats the difference between the two ?

and yeah if your loosing comms while cranking thats not a good sign either!
UCMatt
cars: VE Sportwagon
VYExec
VN V8 UC Torana Hatch

Post by UCMatt »

Pretty common issue with retrofits into earlier Holden's.
Loss of power to the ECU during cranking will sometimes cause a backfire as the key is released. Sometimes it will start when released.
When you spin the distributor by hand, it leaves enough fuel in the manifold to allow it to fire when you crank it next.

Ensure that you have power while cranking. There are a number of circuits on the ignition switch - some of them are disconnected during cranking to remove load.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah check the plug under the dash passenger side that is the ignition power for the delco, pink wire, should be powered with ignition on and also while cranking, if its not try powering it directly from the battery or something if it works then you'll know that is your issue.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

I'm thinking that's what I might have done it picked a circuit to pull of of that maybe be shut off during cranking should have checked that
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Yep so I checked that wiring and as soon as it goes to crank it shuts the ecu wake up feed off then comes back on once off crank still haven't fixed it just yet and wasn't able to fire it up due to my nvram being in the stato pro have it fired up not next weekend but the one after but in the mean time we bought a new toy 93 toyota 4runner with a 1uzfe running a haltech with all the fruits to play around with until we get this girl going
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

Ok so last night he had an epiphany and decided he's not going to buy this 4runner and he's going to spend money on the over lander instead
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

so it finally lives rewired the ecm wake up line gave it a kick in the guts and it spluttered into life havent set the timing properly due to the timing light dieing as soon i was going to use it. the iacs up around 108 steps ill have to drill a slightly larger hole in the throttle butterfly and for some reason im getting o2 voltage with no o2 connected. was going to get a few other things done on it after getting it started but i forgot the surge tank return line wasnt hooked up to the tanks and now theres 5ltrs worth of fumes in the shed :oops: . not to long now till its done got to get a few things cleaned up, secured and adjusted then its off to get the exhaust done, door trims reupholstered, quick tune to get it running sweet then off for licensing :punk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFX9HKsMwcA
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Good to see it running :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Dazza92VP

Post by Dazza92VP »

yeah i managed to convince the missus to letting me take MY stato off of her so i could steal the 808 out of it and use it for testing
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

nice work, gotta be stoked to have it running!