Problems with my usb comms 808 not working

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
CYCO-VS

Problems with my usb comms 808 not working

Post by CYCO-VS »

Hi Guys you probably get this all the time .

But i have just recently purchased a nvram and usb comms 808 board from VL400

i have solderd the 808 wires on to my vn/vp ecu iam installed all my drivers on my lappy and set up flash-tool correct it doesn't pick up my ECU now i don't know if i have done something wrong but i have spent a whole day playing around with it and searching the site .

I am really stumped what it could be when i turn my key on the board lights on blue and a orange light will flash when plugged n to the lappy hopefully it is a stupid error on my behalf that can be fixed

i would appreciate any help from you guys

Cheers Chris
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Problems with my usb comms 808 not working

Post by VL400 »

Does the blue LED on the NVRAM stay lit for approx 2 seconds after key off?
Installed the drivers and been assigned a com port? The flickering LEDs pretty much confirms this is ok.
When you try and connect using the flashtool (config should be 'OSE 12P '808', 'USB ALDL' and the com port) do both LEDs flicker on the comms board (green and red)?
Wiring checks out ok and all connections are making good contact?

If all that checks out you can test the interface in TunerPro or flashtool. In the flash tool go to preference and set as above, but before pressing ok clear 'Ignore Echo'. Press ok and go to the Tools menu and then listen to chatter option. In that screen paste 'F4, 56, 8', tick the auto calc frame checksum and press ok. You should see a a tx and rx frame in green and white text when the ign key is on. If you dont get a reply try the same test with the comms board unplugged from the ECU.
CYCO-VS

Post by CYCO-VS »

well VL400 i have followed all your steps .
I get the blue light on the nvram and car runs fine
with the 808 comms i get the blue power led when powered then the other leds flash when hooked to my pc i have all the drivers on and comms set correct but when i try the chatter it still doesnt connect you will see in the picture i have uploaded

VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Sent you a PM just to confirm a couple of things (wiring and the test you did), if its still not working still will send you another one.