BMW E30 Track Car

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
delcowizzid

Re: BMW E30 Track Car

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah if you planning serious power either the 80lb seimens off the bat or bosch 1600's if your going over the top fully forged huge hp build LOL.a stock engine with cam valvesprings and big turbo will get the 60lb seimens close to maxed at 18psi
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Try AFI for a good quality map sensor. They are at 7A Century Drive Braeside (I assume your in VIC by the number plate) and maybe they might have injectors.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

fuel injector clinic have some good spray pattern high impedance variants. Similar pricing to bosch too
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Going to purchase a new turbocharger next week. Is the Garrett GT3788R a good size for the 3.8? Its a twin entry T04 rear housing.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

depends what power you want.if you only want 500hp a gt3582 would be better if you want more then step up and try it out LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

Well that's the problem I'm facing. The 3582 is my ideal choice, but I can get a brand new 3788 for cheap. Being a track car I don't exactly want to be waiting till 6000rpm to hit full boost.

Being young I want 1 million HP, but realistically I'm aiming for the 300kw mark.

On a side note, I've purchased a map sensor from Spit Fire Industries in the USA.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

speaking of map sensors. does a 2 bar plug straight to 1 bar connector? 3 bar has different keys in the connector right?

If looking for new genuine stuff, you guys should checkout NewGMparts.com

I found 2 bar genuine sensors for $65 on there. Have a shit load of parts coming from them soon.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

we run chinese turbo's that measure up like a gt3582 and are over 300rwkw but i dont know how drivable it would really be in racing .weve been round taupo motorsport park in nz and its not really something you can gas on out of corners LOL maybe bigger would be better .if you wanted to drift 3582 would be pretty good.

heres a vid shows you how it comes on thats 4 people in the car as well
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lBnoNMNa6k[/youtube]
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

yeah the 1 2 and 3 bar sensors have different keys. But in the one i had the key was an insert that you could pull out and use with the standard plug. Even if its not you can cut the keyway part off. Generally speaking the key is not what you use to ID the sensor and if anything its just a PITA.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I don't quite get how you worded that.

1 and 2 same, 3 different? or 1, 2 and 3 all different?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.