FC with VT 5L

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
nes304
cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt

FC with VT 5L

Post by nes304 »

Hi guys, new to the forum. I have an FC with a VT 5L in it and can't get the bastard to start. wondering if there are any guru's in Newcastle?

Cheers

(how the hell do I post a photo)
Holden202T

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by Holden202T »

i'm in the maitland area, first question, have you disabled the anti theft or do you have the bcm connected ?

is it auto or manual ?
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

Holden202T wrote:i'm in the maitland area, first question, have you disabled the anti theft or do you have the bcm connected ?

is it auto or manual ?
G'Day Holden202, good news your a local!

Its an Auto, Complete harness removal from the VT into the FC from headlight bulb to taillight bulb is what I have done.
ECU and BCM with matching Key all installed. Press unlock and the security turns off, insert key to accessories and dash lights up and fuel pump engages. One more click and the starter relay kicks but there is nothing from the starter motor. Three earth points on the engine checked and earth to body on drivers side engine bay.
ABS and SRS have been removed and fuse removed to disable. Bridged 5&6 pins to reveal repeating "12" codes only except on one occasion I got a 31 but it cleared after I disconnected the battery. Ran the ALDL cable in it and laptop recognises the cable and receives chatter in the efilive program but OSE tool wont see the ECM. TunerPro recognised it too but did not send any information from any sensors.
Checked it was in Neutral and even earthed the black green wire that runs to the traction control switch near the gearshifter to see if it would help.

I changed the ECM then changed the memcal and back to original ECM with other memcal. I have two sets of BCM and matching keys and tried those combinations too....
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

image.jpg
image.jpg (1.75 MiB) Viewed 7650 times
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

image.jpg
image.jpg (57.63 KiB) Viewed 7650 times
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

image.jpg
image.jpg (2.73 MiB) Viewed 7648 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (159.55 KiB) Viewed 7648 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Well if your saying the starter relay clicks then it sounds like an issue between the relay and starter wiring maybe ?

Can you get the starter to wind over with a screwdriver shorting it ?

Also you could get the ignition on then short it to crank and if all else is working it should crank and fire up! That will definitely confirm everything else is working!

Love the modern sleeper look :)
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

Holden202T wrote:Well if your saying the starter relay clicks then it sounds like an issue between the relay and starter wiring maybe ?

Can you get the starter to wind over with a screwdriver shorting it ?

Also you could get the ignition on then short it to crank and if all else is working it should crank and fire up! That will definitely confirm everything else is working!

Love the modern sleeper look :)
I must admit I havent tried to short a starter motor since I had a 5Lt VH SLE about ten years ago. I didn't know if doing that in this instance would cause a spike to the system
Unsure of what you mean when you say short the ignition?
I'm going for the sleeper look and retaining the Column shift and Bench seats but to fit discs all round I have had to ditch the 13" rims and go 15" on commodore stud pattern - Running a VS LSD shortened and VS calipers all round on VN V8 drilled slotted rotors with VT Booster and master for extra push.

ONLY way it'll look non standard is the 8"wide B45 Simmons with white walls and the noise 8-)

It has to run custom extractors and has the 195i chip on a lazy 4L60E pushing 1100kg should equate to something like a 210kw Astra.
CORNERS WILL BE TAKEN SLOWLY!
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

image.jpg
image.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 7618 times
nes304
VZ Crewman 6Lt