FC with VT 5L

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
Holden202T

Re: FC with VT 5L

Post by Holden202T »

i have no experience with mafless tunes so i can't really say, however i would think any tune should be able to have VATS disabled.
nes304
cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

nes304 wrote:Out of curiosity, when the key is in the ignition and the metal ring around the base is struck by the key head to disable the security the car will start - Will the car continue to run if the key head is removed?

Basically I would like to keep the security on but use the 55 year old original key if possible. Any ideas?
Ok so I am going to get VATS removed memcal (thanks VL400) and use a kill switch. I am told earthing the Green tacho wire on the left side engine bay will act exactly that way in a VT s1 :shh: .

I jammed all the wires into the 55 year old key barrel and whattya know, it works the same way....even the bloody wires are the same colour! :punk:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

hahaha holden keeping colours the same, nice :)
nes304
cars: FC with VT 5Lt
VZ Crewman 6Lt

Post by nes304 »

Jesus christ what a hiatus, over a year. Not much movement but have learnt to Mig weld. Soooo I have made the exhaust hearders and was asked " Hey why don't you turbo?"
Well if I can weld pipes then why don't I? I have looked at everything from T04 to the turbo off an XR6. So I have some questions...

Do I need to have a tune for the positive pressure in the manifold cause of the turbo? Is there a 'standard' turbo tune or do I have to get it tuned?
Anyone have a better suited turbo?

The knock sensor is in the road on the drivers side for the pipes... Is there a way of moving the knock sensor or deleting it?
Cheers
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

knock sensor can be removed and tune changed to not use it if you wish, but I recommend trying to make it work elsewhere if you can :)

as for the tune, yes once you go into boost territory you need to have a 2 or 3 bar map sensor or large enough maf (depending what computer option you go with) to handle the extra fuel needed under boost.

for example with $12P code, the general rule of thumb I use for making a tune is your naturally aspirated map's then for every 10kpa of boost you remove 1 degree of timing, and the boost VE table accommodates for the fuelling side of it (this is all in the advanced tuning guide) ... this gives you a pretty conservative and safe starting point to tune from.

as for the turbo ... I have a GT35 on my 202, its probably a bit too large for it if it was a daily driver (although different exhaust housing might help) but I am guessing its going to be on the small side for a V8.

maybe some of the V8 turbo guys here can add input.
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

I run a china gt45r on my v8 setup and it has an ex housing AR of 1.00 with split pulse manifold it starts to come on boost at 1800rpm and 10psi by 2100rpm. if you use a single entry manifold design I would guess same turbo would spool at a good 5-700 rpm later. it wakes up the sleepy lazy old standard v8 a whole lot haha no trouble breaking traction in 4th gear from 80kph when you squeeze the throttle :driving:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

that sounds pretty right for a streeter :)