vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

VR manual conversion with VN loom RT 808

Post by vlad01 »

I finally finished my custom loom for 808 into my VR auto based of a VN loom.

My question is, does anyone have the pin out and/or wiring diagram for the interface plug under the dash near the ECU for VR ?

The plug from VN/VP is the same physical plug as the VR but 80% of the wiring is different. None of the wiring diagrams show the plugs and only cover some of the wiring and does not show if they go to a plug or not.

My plan is to make a small adapter harness to interface the VN loom to the VR under dash loom.

My 2nd question is I have identified the red/ black stripe wire as the serial data line on the VR at this plug, whats the serial data on the VN loom? its on the ALDL plug right? This also leads me to ask if I required high speed ALDL upgrade on the 808 ?

Any help be appreciated :punk:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Jayme

Re: VR manual conversion with VN loom RT 808

Post by Jayme »

there is no serial data line on the VN loom. you may need to add your own pin... steal one out of a spare loom and click it into the right hole. you only need high speed on the 808 if you want to use VATS..... you will also notice if you dont have high speed data in your 808, it will have maybe half a second delay before it cranks, coz the BCM is asking the pcm to acknowledge the VATS packet but the 808 doesnt respond so it eventually times out and cranks.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

yes I want VATS, the delay would drive me nuts.

so I use pin A8 ?

Is there anything else I need to add tot he ECU besides NVRAM and usb comms board with both I already have?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

usb comms board wont give you VATS... it will only give you comms between the 808 and your laptop. you need an sxr board... http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=398 which gives high speed data to the data bus in the car.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

ok sweet.

ok so I have today worked backwards from VP main loom, ECU loom, T5 and auto VP transmission patch looms and various wiring diagrams to work out my addapter patch loom. for the ECU end plug I have narrowed it down to 4 wired.

1. Br/w brake fail
2. Br/w CEL
3. Br/y VSS
4. Pnk/bk Ignition feed

Not to sure about the last one. It goes to A6 which according to the OSE pin out map is a digital output?
According to the wiring diagram it gets feed from BCM (higher models) and ATM (anti theft module) which looks like its simply passing on ignition once the ATM or BCM is enabled.

On VR models this same wire also goes to A6 but goes straight to the same location on the ignitions minus any modules. I gather this is a ECU enable line on VN/VP but since the BCM in the VR talks via the ALDL its just switched by ignition directly?

Any way while looking through a chopped up VS T5 body loom I found a manual patch loop which enables the starter/neutral loop. So that was a accidental bonus :thumbup: Its just got 2 plugs with some wires looping around.

obliviously I have to add a 5th connection for the serial data, I will do this like I have with my wide band, A single way connector bundled with the ALDL pigtail.

on another note, the VR doesn't have a connection point for VN/VP manual patch loom, so I gather the VSS on a manual VR is part of the ECU loom extenting down to the gearbox? VR auto does this.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Yes vr manual gas go straight to ecu then to this plug near ecu to the cluster.
A6 is feed to energise ecu it comes from efi relay.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

vlad01 wrote:Not to sure about the last one. It goes to A6 which according to the OSE pin out map is a digital output?
According to the wiring diagram it gets feed from BCM (higher models) and ATM (anti theft module) which looks like its simply passing on ignition once the ATM or BCM is enabled.
Typo in the txt file sorry :oops: Have fixed it. A6 is switched ignition just like Dylan described.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

ah lol ok. no probs.

is there any VSS signal lines running to the console area or is it straight from cluster to ECU plug in question?
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

looking at the loom looks like a have some wires running from the auto eco/pwr button on the console to the interface plug, which now should be free when using 808.

If I confirm this is the case we now have spare wires and plugs I can take advantage of for a VSS back haul.

I'll post my find today.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Manual uses power button wire's for reverse lights. They are in the engine loom and go to that plug and use power button wiring as the auto uses the selector switch for reverse lights not the box.

When doing auto manual conversions the power light on the dash is illuminated except when in reverse, how did Holden fix that? They didn't fit a globe in that spot on manual models.