vt dizzy wiring

Wiring diagrams and questions
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

vt dizzy wiring

Post by jca »

Hi I was wondering which wire dos what on the dizzy plug on a vt dizzy I dont have the rest of the vt v8 loom or car to work it out from a diagram the wires chang color at the dizzy plug
delcowizzid

Re: vt dizzy wiring

Post by delcowizzid »

do you have red black green and blue wires.green crank position blue cam position and obviously power from ignition module and earth
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
jca
cars: HQ monaro
vz ss thunder
ve ss sports wagon

Post by jca »

Hi ya red + black- green = crank blue= cam im I thinking correct hard to work out with out pulling dizzy and having original vt loom it has a haltech on it but not getting crank pulse
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

delcowizzid is correct, the question is what has been done to your setup, and only you can answer that!

from what i've seen of VT 304 on the driver side about halfway up the motor near the fuel rail is where the dizzy plugs into the wiring loom with a grey plug and the dizzy end of this plug at least has the red black green and blue.

if you can get hold of another dizzy you can plug it in here (even VN will work with some jumper wires) and then rotate the dizzy with the ignition on and that will tell you if you have spark or not without having to pull the dizzy.

did this a few months back with my brothers car, turns out the crank pickup sensor is faulty on his dizzy.