VS central locking wiring

Wiring diagrams and questions
VX L67 Getrag

VS central locking wiring

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Hey all,

Not sure if this area is ok to talk about non PCM related wiring but mods can move if wanted!

Have a VS that central locking isn't working, when you manually move the drivers door lock up you can hear a couple of things energizing behind dash but other doors don't unlock & hear the same thing when pressing unlock button but again does nothing!

It doesnt make any noises or do anything when pressing lock or manually pushing button down!

I'm thinking it's going to be a bcm issue but it's just a guess wondering if anyone knows of tests to do?

Fuse for central locking is fine too!
The1

Re: VS central locking wiring

Post by The1 »

drivers door not deadlocked? Put the key in and make sure it's unlocked.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Nah I tried the key in the door lock held manually in all positions, you can hear the 3 wire switch click when in deadlock position & again coming out of position!

Bit weird but I even tried the BCM out of my VS berlina in it, but mine being a LUX & this being LOW it didn't wire up the same even just the base wiring plugs!
The1

Post by The1 »

sounds like BCM then, if you have a tech1 you can command door locks would be the other thing to try then you would rule out relays in the BCM.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Oh thats an idea it's back in next wednesday so I might give it a go, I'm pretty sure my scan tool can do it but if not I'll just send the command manually!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Well the customer decided to go to mister minute & get a complete new key & was told a procedure to relearn key & to my amazement it worked!

Strange though central locking doesn't work all together by manually locking drivers door!
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Well the customer decided to go to mister minute & get a complete new key & was told a procedure to relearn key & to my amazement it worked!

Strange though central locking doesn't work all together by manually locking drivers door!
I get that on pas door, but I think that normal after finding there is no micro switch on pas door lock, so the central locking has no way of knowing anything happen on that door.

so you get this on driver door as well?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

yeah I wouldn't get any of the locks to go up or down together with manually doing any doors but when I manually lifted every door lock up you hear the relay trigger but do nothing else & nothing when pushing down!

But mister minute said procedure was sit in car & lock all locks & start car & run for 1 minute & then switch off & pull key out & fire the unlock button & should re-learn!

But customer did it & didn't work but then manually unlocked drivers door & pressed button & it worked & has been lock/unlocking with buttons since!