CF Bedford Van

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Bedford CF Van

Post by VL400 »

Rub any harder and it will be [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEARkn-QtQ4[/youtube]

:lol:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lol :)

I really think its been too long since I last watched Borat hehehe might need a refresher.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

found a nice and cheap un-registered VS Commodore today so my brother and I went and picked it up. Not running, wouldn't even crank.

turns out all it was, there was no security ring around the ignition barrel so I removed the wire from the back of it and touched it on the key head and she fired to life :)

The previous owner has put new radiator, leads, plugs, fuel pump, coils and radiator hoses in it, its also got 4 good tyres and a pretty new clarion cd headunit and 6 x 9 speakers!

plan is to use the complete wiring loom, steering column, seats, fuel tank, central locking, diff, and such and wire it into the Bedford, then modify it to work with either an 808 loom or a 424 loom and 304/T700.
IMG_1164.JPG
IMG_1164.JPG (206.76 KiB) Viewed 6515 times
the only thing its missing is cruise control unfortunately but i'll either find that from another car or do without :)

oh and the lower control arms and mounts are getting transplanted into the Gemini!
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Sounds like a good score :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yes very stoked :) I was initially debating weather to get this one or one I saw in coffs harbour (approx. 5hrs away) the only difference other than price was the one in coffs has cruze! in the end I've saved $40 on the purchase price and that doesn't include fuel or anything like that! so definitely the better buy! and I don't loose my weekend travelling!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

FFIINNAALLLLYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMG_1460.JPG
IMG_1460.JPG (163.13 KiB) Viewed 6438 times
was an interesting drive to here, halfway here i heard a whistling noise and reckoned it was the kettle boiled, to the trusty 202's credit, i continued on and got the whole way home heheheh

had my brother behind me in his work truck so was prepared if there was a failure but she got there!!

i thought i was fair hooking in it, looked down, 65kms!!! big noisy box with 4.6:1 ratio diff, so screams at 90kms!

3.08 diff and 304/t700 should sort that out :comp:
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

And soon it will be another spare 202 to add to the stash :thumbup:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lol yeah, although i say 202 at a matter of habit, its actually a big block 173 :) not sure if i'll ever use it for a race car motor or not, but its definately a smooth stock runner :)

going to be making a start on removing it tonight actually :) not sure how hard it will be with the small amount of engine bay it has!
budwizer

Post by budwizer »

Last time I played with a Bedford, i dropped the front kframe under the car with motor and gearbox attached. However I did have use of a hoist and a fair bit more room above the car.
I ended up dropping vt v6 with auto on gas into it.. and used a cable linkage from some sort of minivan.
for speedo I used a lvl 3 cluster innards and adapted it to the original Bedford cluster.
Biggest issue with them is if you want to put any other diff in them your limited.. as they are wider than an F-truck diff, which is what I ended up using with spacers on the hubs to get the wheels out wide enough.
Looks good though, look forward to seeing the progress!
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah im looking forward to getting motors in and out!!

i am planning to use the complete VS commodore wiring loom, along with steering column, dash cluster and fuel tank etc, so hopefuly it all just works like a commodore in that regard.

with the diff, i am not 100% certain on my path yet, i need to go to a wreckers and measure a crewman diff, but it will be either crewman diff or vn-vs diff, lengthened 4 inchs and use 2 long angles, this will get it pretty close to the bedford rear track from what i've roughly worked out so far.

i want commodore brakes and stud pattern, the rest will be up to whatever i can make work the best! but definately things like brakes and axles etc i want to be off the shelf parts as much as possible.