gaza_2
cars: VH sle 5.0 injected
Hj panel van project
80 series landcruisern1FZFE

Motel m3 to delco conversion

Post by gaza_2 »

Hi all,
This is my first post.
Would like to say this site is a wealth of experience, I have been reading this information intently for weeks and barley scratched the surface. I absolutely love it, keep up the good work guys it's an awesome forum with no trolls or rubbish which is rare these days.

Now on to my questions.
I have bought an injected 355 stroker which was previously running a dyno tuned motel m3 computer, but when I bought the motor the mote had already been sold, I know the bloke who bought the motec,

So my question is if he pulls the data off the motec can I read it on a computer screen and manually transfer the tuning values to tuner pro 5? And is there a program I can open the motec data on?

Also I have a vr vr manual computer and vr v8 auto loom, how much mucking round is it to reassign the wiring loom to suit the computer, I know I will have to file the plugs to make it fit but I'm just wondering if it is possible?

If this post is in the wrong section could some one please advise me where it is sposed to go?

Cheers and have a great day.
Gareth
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Motel m3 to delco conversion

Post by antus »

The guy with the motec hopefully has the motec software for it. He should be able to pull the tune off the computer and give you the software so you can see what was in it. How helpful it will be will depend on how it was set up. First step is to get the tune open on your pc and see what it uses for load. Map, maf, or throttle. Also check if the engine still has the stock CAS system on it.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

im not sure about the motec fuelling data being suitable to whack into a delco tune, but I highly doubt it. even if the values were similar it wouldnt be perfect. you would still need to get a wideband sensor in the exhaust and verify the fuelling. you should be able to copy the spark map out of the motec if it uses MAP as a load variable. that will help you on the ignition at least. then I would just tune the fuel from scratch with a wideband.
ive done the loom conversion before. to repin the loom, pull off the comb forks holding the wires in on the back of the plugs, then find one of those jewellers scredrivers, and shove it in the square hole on the front of the plug. push it to the side and the pin will back out. there is a bit of a knack to it but youll figure it out! there are more earths in the VR manual computer, but you can just split them up and add them in. I sat down with both pinouts and labelled every wire on the VR auto loom with the place it needs to go for the VR manual pcm, then pulled all the pins out and repin to suit manual.
let me know if you need the wiring pinouts.
gaza_2
cars: VH sle 5.0 injected
Hj panel van project
80 series landcruisern1FZFE

Post by gaza_2 »

Hi and thanks for the replys,
Antus : as yet he is having troubles hooking the ecu up to his computer, so can't load tune yet, but the motor runs an injected v8 dissy which will have the cas in it.

Jayme : those pin outs would be hugely helpful ( I do have a holden vr vs service manual on cd somewhere but as we are in the process of packing for a interstate move most of my stuff is boxed up)
I have re pinned looms before so I know what you mean about the " knack". I might just have to strip a vn body loom to rat the vss wires and plug.

Anything I can get info wise off the motec will help me along the way, and from what I have read on here it's generally the timing which is hardest to set to optimum without a dyno, so if I can use the values for that it will make the excercise a bit cheaper, as the motor was tuned on a dyno with the motec.
Cheers Gareth