vn 5l th 700 conversion

Holden/Delco Tuning. ALDL, OBD 1.5. Circa 1989 to 2004.
vnkiller
cars: vn calias ve sv6 hq tonner
gay xf ute

Re: vn 5l th 700 conversion

Post by vnkiller »

http://www.calaisturbo.com.au/showthread.php?t=192333

That's a link to a walkthrough I have more or less followed

However when it gets to the so called PINK PLUG INSIDE THE CAR

I do no have one I cant see it at all I do not se it at all so I need to know pin outs and wire colours and where they go on to my transmission etc
vnkiller
gay xf ute

Post by vnkiller »

IMAG0286.jpg
IMAG0286.jpg (570.85 KiB) Viewed 3281 times
ok so after some wiring investigationg here with the remaining harness from donor statesman 92 model

I now have found that the so called pink plug is actually the bigger of the 2 plugs near the ecu

I have also found that the 4 plug on the box usues only 3 pins and the pink with blue trace wire is spliced(looped) with the pink with blue trace on the speedo sensor. I need to know where that goes and what it does

the wire that does match back directly to that plug is the grey with red trace and the light blue wire(in the pic I will supply it looks green but it is faded or what ever)

I need to know the pins and wiring for the remaining wires
vnkiller
gay xf ute

Post by vnkiller »

IMAG0285.jpg
IMAG0285.jpg (576.07 KiB) Viewed 3281 times
vnkiller
gay xf ute

Post by vnkiller »

IMAG0287.jpg
IMAG0287.jpg (603.54 KiB) Viewed 3281 times
there you go that's it that's all I got I not sure I can supply anymore information

that's just the plug at the ecu

I am pretty sure it all goes there cheers
vnkiller
gay xf ute

Post by vnkiller »

Not that anyone cares

But I pretty sure I have worked it out

pink with blue trace is positive for both 4th gear solenoid and speed sensor
violet with white trace is the signal wire from the speed sensor and becomes brown with yellow trace at the plug next to the ecu
black/white is earth

light blue from the 4th gear switch stay light blue at the same plug

the same plug grey is neutral safety
and one of them on that plyug is theft shit or power to ecu

that's it should run all sweet

next issue is the pulse rate
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

No reply probably means nobody knows, not that nobody cares. The info you've posted up will help others trying to do the same thing. Thanks for letting us know.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i saw this post last night and do have the info at home but i wasn't at home and hadn't had a chance to post ;)
vnkiller
gay xf ute

Post by vnkiller »

Holden202T

It would not hurt to post it anyway

so as we can confirm i am correct.

We all make pistakes and i may have

I chased an old harness back and used a wiring diagram

My speed sensor diagram shows the use of a 10 k resistor on the positive looped to the signal wire

I am un certian of this diagram tho
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

all my info is just scribbles on paper i worked out when i have put efi motors into various cars.

i do know for fact that speedo sensor pink/blue is +12v, purple is signal to ecm, and black/white is earth. from memory i believe the speedo signal is brown/yellow after coming out of the dash which then goes into ecm pin A10, if you are using the motor in a car without a commodore dash then you can wire the purple wire directly to here and you then just need to change the Pulse Per KM in the tune to match.

also on the under dash plug normally to power a loom on my test stand i put ignition into the pink wire, which can be traced back to ecm pin A6, auto/manual switch is also on the same plug grey wire and goes to B10, and then there is the TCC lockup solenoid, which is the light blue on that plug it goes to pin C7.

all this is from this diagram http://www.oldholdens.com/temp/carstuff ... gram_b.pdf

also i use some of the wires from the grey engine bay plug, like the one for the fuel pump, A1 ecm pin, this is the +12v to the fuel pump relay on the 86 pin, then there is the check engine light, this is in the aldl plug and also comes out on the under dash plug as brown/white i believe and goes to ecm pin A5.

i use the engine coolant wire too, the one that normally feeds the dash sender, i change it out for my own sender and run it to my in car gauges just keeps everything in the loom nice and neat, and you can also use the blue wire from the oil pressure switch to feed into a dash oil pressure light if you have one or want one.
not that hard to work it all out with the diagram infront of you....

the only info i have of the internals of the gearbox wiring is this:

it shows on the left how it works, and on the right how i modified it to allow a T700 to work behind my 202 without having the delco ecm controlling the torque converter lockup.

how it normally works is if its in 4th gear and gets the signal it will lock the TCC, however if its too hot (OverTemp sensor) it will let the ecm know this and lock the TCC to try and cool things (i believe) so i changed it so aslong as it was in 4th gear and below certain throttle (the vacuum switch) it would lock the TCC, so when i would come into a 60km zone i'd just downshift to 3rd, probably not the best for fuel economy but best i could do! and the vacuum switch worked very well, when overtaking or up big hills and such it would unlock the TCC but still kept the safety in there for the overtemp.
vnkiller
gay xf ute

Post by vnkiller »

Ill post the poor excuse of a diagram for the speed senson i recieved

as i say looping a resistor to the sender wire from positive doesnt work in my mind