holden cruize

Wiring diagrams and questions
Josh_lock
cars: Holden commodore vs series 2 t5 manual

holden cruize

Post by Josh_lock »

hey so my girlfriend has a holden cruize and it has popped up with an engine light so i done a scan and came up obd2 code P0016 camshaft crankshaft sensor bank 1 sensor A can any one tell me where this is it has 4 sensors that could be it
The1

Re: holden cruize

Post by The1 »

this might help, but yeh crank sensor will prob need changing.

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=372
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I don't know about Cruize but a lot of cars are logging such faults when the timing belt or chain stretches and puts them out of sync. Some cars in as little as 40,000km. I would test them first before removal.
Josh_lock

Post by Josh_lock »

yeah i pulled it apart today timming was fine

can anyone tell me what ohms i should get out of this sensor ?
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I am not sure but I think it's a hall effect. If it's got 3 wires it is and should have a supply voltage usually 5 volts, earth and a pulsed output. I usually connect a scope to the output with and have a look. When they fail they go to grouped injection and if anything idle a little rougher and maybe use a little more fuel.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Not sure how you know timing is fine as stretch can be 0.1mm in belt/chain, had a captiva with similar code & got a Holden calibration update after I replaced the sensors(4 of them that didn't fix it) but the update has relieved tolerance on fault & hasn't come back, been 2 months now!
Josh_lock

Post by Josh_lock »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Not sure how you know timing is fine as stretch can be 0.1mm in belt/chain, had a captiva with similar code & got a Holden calibration update after I replaced the sensors(4 of them that didn't fix it) but the update has relieved tolerance on fault & hasn't come back, been 2 months now!
so do i just take it to holden and get a update is what your saying ?? if thats all it needs ill be a very happy man :)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

that is assuming that the issue is the same as the captiva, but holden is probably best placed to tell you what the issue is.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

HONESTLY.... It's only a QUICK fix if it is the same as the captiva!

If it were me with my time over again, I would make sure the wave form out of each sensor looks good & if there o.k. then I would be happy to think maybe a calibration update may EASE the issue, but really it's only RE-LEAVING & has further issues that weren't manufactured right!
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Could be a software problem with tolerance too tight but I have seen the problem with so many cars. That's why I test first before I spend. I have seen these sensors fail but have also seen stretched belts/chains causing the same code. Ecotech Holden is starting to become a problem and with 3 timing chains a big job and very confusing for the unwary. Nissan blah you need to check the chain every service.