datsun 1600 turbo efi convertion

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
brendoncarter
cars: 1970 Datsun 1600
!987 Ford Laser

datsun 1600 turbo efi convertion

Post by brendoncarter »

Hi guys.
Just wondering if anyone can help me with a few questions.
Im converting my datsun to efi, i have a factory efi manifold it runs VL Comm style injectors just wondering what a need i would like if they bolted in like the factory ones.
Next i have a electronic dizzy, it has four points on the shaft and a pickup, can i hook it up to a camira ignition module? do they only have four points of pick up in the dizzy?
Next can someone help me with changing ignition timing on a Delco 808 to run this turbo datsun, i need it to retard.
Wiring and machanical mods are my thing not so much electronics.
Im a car audio fitter that now rebuilds heads at a engine shop so got a few bases covered.
Sorry about the essay :)
Holden202T

Re: datsun 1600 turbo efi convertion

Post by Holden202T »

there would be plenty of injectors out there that should work without needing to mod things.

it sounds like your dizzy might be easily modified, the 4 pickups is what you need, but the question is what sort of pickup is it ?

wiring it up and getting it running on a delco should be no problems aslong as you can adapt the sensors needed for it ..... boost should be a problem and tuning can be sorted too!

if you have a pic or can take a pic of the dizzy that might help ....
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

My G200W Twin cam 4 cyl engine had VL injectors when I got it. They are low impedance, so not suitable for the delco. The common holden type fits in the holes so should be easy to source. I understand thats along the lines of JE camira, VK commodore, Some Rodeo models, and many others from the late 80s to 90s.

As Holden202 said pics of the distributor will help us ID it for you if needed. If its reluctor type or hall effect type then it shouldnt be much of a problem (camira module for reluctor type, v8 module for hall effect type). If its an opticlal type then there is a circuit in another thread that can adapt it, or you might be able to source a replacement distributor that will suit your engine with a reluctor in it. The pulses should be at 10 degrees, which will provide 10 degrees timing at start up, and when the ecu takes over (above about 400rpm) the timing comes from tables in the ecu that you can modify to suit your needs.
Holden202 wrote: boost should be a problem
I think thats meant to say "boost should not be a problem" :) :driving:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah what he ^^ said :wall:
brendoncarter
!987 Ford Laser

Post by brendoncarter »

I think its a magnetic style pickup definitely not optical. Having problems posting pics so can anyone tell me how to tell the difference? Got to wreakers on the weekend to see what i can get planning to get a pulsar or camira loom, ecu and all the sensors and ing module. I know pulsar injectors wont work because the fuel rail holds them in, are camira ones the same? mine bolt to the manifold like a VL comm, has anyone got suggestions? Then my main problem will be timing. Anyone know a cheap source of 2bar map sensor as i think im right in saying ill need one.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

depending on boost yeah you'll need 2 or 3 bar .... for either look on ebay ... i got a 2 bar off there a few weeks ago for about $50.
brendoncarter
!987 Ford Laser

Post by brendoncarter »

Thanks guys. Anyone got some pics of different types of dizzy pickups so i can figure out mine.
:wtf:
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Holden 6 Cylinder Reluctor dizzy.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Have not got a picture of the camira dizzy, but its the same setup as that 202 one just with 4 teeth instead of 6.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

well, ive got one here anyway so here is a camira dizzy I stole the module off for my motorbike engine.
Camira Dizzy
Camira Dizzy
DSCN1705.JPG (116.61 KiB) Viewed 7462 times