The missus new daily

Post Your Delco Powered Ride Here
0081(2)
cars: VY commodore supercharged V6

Re: The missus new daily

Post by 0081(2) »

The stock ubend is restrictive and the M90 dosent like anything restricting the inlet.

I would recomond a 75mm ls1 throttle body and port out the unbend to match. The throttle body can be had for under $100 at the wreckers then you just need to make an adaptor or mace sell them also.
Bit of mucking around with the throttle body cables as you need to weld the v6 bracked to the v8 throttle body as they are different.

or there is a guy that sells a totally new one it is huge and can take the 85mm throttle body, you can get your hand through it but it comes down to how much you want to spend
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yeah, cheers for that.

I believe that BYE performance make a whole new U bend to suit from carbon fibre, sized to suit a LS1 TB straight of the bat. Might look into it.

On a positive note, the missus drove the new and improved Calais to work this morning. To quote her,

"The car is a lot faster, it is just how it should be,"

I think I've created a monster........ :D
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

BYE / Full throttle customs no longer do the carbon U bend. There's now a properly engineered cast alloy unit on the market. Much better to work with and better clearance to firewall than a stock u bend when you have a cooler fitted as it turns down
immortality

Post by immortality »

Do you have a link for the new one?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

immortality wrote:"The car is a lot faster, it is just how it should be,"

I think I've created a monster........ :D
be happy she is satisfied hehehe!!
0081(2)

Post by 0081(2) »

immortality wrote:Do you have a link for the new one?
I guy on l67torque sells them pm him or try ebay as he sells them there from time to time.
http://l67torque.com/viewtopic.php?f=1& ... =adz+ubend

You cant run it with out a cooler tho as it hits the rocker cover
You can get the u bend or a2a plates in carbon new any more so if you like the look then your only chance is a second hand one.

It will still cause fire wall issues so a hammer will be needed for some extra room.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

You can run the u bend with a manifold spacer. I did a set up with ported blower, rockers and manifold spacer on the stock can and made 185rwkw with great torque. They really do work well

I'm mates with Adz that sells the U bend so I can also get you one. There's 1 left until the next batch comes in
immortality

Post by immortality »

Thanks for the info guys. ^^^^ that sort of sounds like the combination I'm heading for. I already have the rockers to put in, I think I'll grab a manifold spacer as well. Just need to find some info on porting the blower and LIM.

Going to have a good read of the thread now. I tried this morning after a 12 hour night shift but couldn't keep my eyes open any longer after having been up for over 24hours :(

Does anybody know if the LS TB's have provision for the cruise control cable? ( I like my modern comforts).
0081(2)

Post by 0081(2) »

The stock ls1 throttle body has different cable connections for the throttle and I think it all opens in reverse
You will need to cut the stock throttle connections off a v6 one and weld it to the v8 throttle body.
immortality

Post by immortality »

OK, next question.

The PCM uses a IAT sensor in the airbox, this may be ok for a n/a engine but in a boosted engine where heat is introduced via the charger it makes much more sense to tune using a MAT sensor so you can accurately tune it to suit the actual charge temps.

Has anybody converted a standard tune to run with a MAT (i've only seen it mentioned on high end MAP conversions)?