Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Re: My submerge import "traded for vn wagon"

Post by Dec_head »

whatever happened to to welding a length of chain on to the engine mounts
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

hehe havnt seen chained or cabled engine mounts since the stockcar days when we had to stop the engines flying forward into the radiator .might see if i cant get something better than stockos to put back in i do know somewhere that will custom remanufacture the stock ones to better than new might have to get on de phone
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

Same demo derby disasters chained mounts and bodgie locker diffs with the centers welded up with the old stick welder.
One thing i have never seen is urethane engine mounts they seem to make everything else in it.
Although i have seen mounts with holes drilled right through and extra bolts added i guess that would still absorb some vibration and add some strength.
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

interesting page on custom urethane mounts:
http://martybugs.net/magna/mount.cgi
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

now have corvette servo has fixed 2nd gear slippage but dont know how long for should of fitted 1 before i even boosted for the first time.if i ever buy another car will be the firs thing added before any other upgrades its great nice crisp shifts if your running a T700 ide suggest you go buy one right now :mrgreen: installation took about 15 minutes .now just to remedy my 3rd gear hang up sick of waiting for 3rd gear to engage its slowing me down and stopping me doing gtech runs :x hoping fitting a transgo shiftkit and rebuilding the valvebody will help must have a sticky valve might throw in some pinless accumulator pistons while im there dunno maybe my .500" boost valve and new oil filter and fluid may help
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well got me a new toy today :D car loaded with crap 2 spare wheels 3 manifolds and ypipes heaps of tools and me and my mate in it did numorous back to back 6.4 sec to 60mph .not enough road to do full 1/4 mile but did 9.7@75mph 1/8th runs
delco HP.jpg
delco HP.jpg (112.38 KiB) Viewed 4128 times
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

how does that work, the graph heaps near 250hp but the right hand side maximum say 180hp ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

HP is the bottom line torque is the top one
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lol
i think i need to go to bed! :wall:

well if that is accurate at all then your making slightly more than a stock vr v8 ... so i've been told anyways, when i got the 202 dynoed i got 140hp and i asked the bloke how that compared and he reckoned a stock vr v8 made 180hp....

what boost is that at the moment ?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

dont trust the figures its got a guessed weight entered off curb weight plus some extra for the extra weight of all the shit in the car and 2 people could be making more could be making less going off the 1/8th time she aint going to fast so im guessing not a lot of power yet LOL.still only on 5-7psi if that think its round 140kpa LOL waiting for the new 3" exhaust to get built and fitted so i can lean on the biatch a heap more :mrgreen: i can just about get it spooling on the spot on the brakes but if i drop the pedal and let the brake off it just spins on takeoff need to lock the diff