Toyota 2TG/3T Hybrid

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
Holden202T

Re: Toyota 2TG/3T Hybrid

Post by Holden202T »

well when i did the 202 dizzy i noticed when removing the lugs from the original ignition module the positive lug was large and the negative lug was smaller, and on the module it had plus and minus so thats how i worked mine one, wheather you can do the same i dunno.
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Post by ToyHicko »

Well I'm just going to have to suck it and see with the module as I have now idea which of the Toyota wires are positive and negative I just got a dizzy that was off the shelf at the wreckers. I might investigate to see if can find which is which pink or the white. Anyone here looked at a 21R lately?

As for the VSS I think I've worked out a solution all I need to do is find a T to suit a Japanese gearbox (22 x 1.5 thread) then get a sensor off a A340E gearbox and wire it up Simple and should be rather robust the sensor only part that should be in question is the T.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

if your lucky it will have a bosch ignition module in it ... see if you can find what it is then you can look on bosch website, they usually have info which shows pin outs etc that might give you a hint.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

being toyota most likely be nippon denso
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Well did some more digging on the net and found a place that sells VSS that appear to be of better build quality then kalmaker at Able instruments in Queensland (http://www.ableinstrument.com/files/Abl ... e_2009.pdf) What do you guy think. The one I'm looking at is on the bottom of page 2, 6006A or possibly the B waiting to hear back about tang lengths.

No other progress has occurred due to work commitments and playing around with $12P in a mates VP. Hoping to machine the Dizzy and mount the Ignition module this weekend.

As fair as oxygen sensors go I know the camira and N13 run a one wire sensor which the placement of is much more crucial then a "heated" sensor. What model if any in the '808 era used a heated sensor. Looking like the sensor would have to be 450 mm from valve
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

450mm is probably about right for a non-heated. The main issue that its close enough to the engine to heat up. There is a configurable delay (30 seconds by default I think) to let the exhaust heat up the sensor enough after key on before the ecu starts using it. Otherwise look at later model commodores as they became heated in the later additions. I think you'd just hook heater power to the efi relay and the signal wire in to the ecu. Someone here will hopefully confirm.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah i added the heated wires to my 808 loom, just ran a good +12v to it and added the earth into one of the engine earths then uses the other two original wires for the sensor itself.
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok the 450 was a estimate I'll get the tape measure and get the actual distance. As it has to go at the end of the extractors. which is below the firewall. Anyone know what the maximum distance from the valve a single wire sensor can be as a rule of thumb? Only reason I was looking at a heated is most of the single wire one I've seen are basically at the head.

As fair as VSS goes I've order the one from Able instruments, turns out it is actually cheaper then Kalmaker. Hope it lasts!

Another question is the any rule/regulation on the mounting of Surge tanks in engine bays?

Cheers
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i ran unheated in my pacemakers on my vp was miles away from the head never had cold sensor error codes like people complain about .ide run a heated one anyway if you have to get a new sensor anyway just need ignition power feed to it
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok It's been a while since I've done an update or even worked on the car due to work commitments. All I've done since last time is bought a 4 wire O2 sensor fuel pumps. Modified a camira Coil bracket to bolt on to where the old coil mounting holes are and placed a extra piece of metal for the Module to mount. Decide there isn't enough room to mount on the dizzy due to head design and fuel rail location. Next is to get the manifold to the Welders to weld up all the unused holes then give it a coat of paint. Once this is complete Time to take the car off the road and rip the carbies off. Fingers crossed this all works.