Toyota 2TG/3T Hybrid

Converting To Delco ECU From Carby Or Other Injection Systems
hks7mgt

Re: Toyota 2TG/3T Hybrid

Post by hks7mgt »

small world gregga. interesting combination using ITBs on the ol'd 2T instead of a 2TG. i never discouraged anyone using those push rod engines after reading what the yanks get away with 'em. Much respect!
psyolent
cars: VN S Pack
VX Berlina Series 1
XP Falcon ex Geelong Taxi
RN105 V8 Hilux
VT Series 1 Track Car

Post by psyolent »

yes indeed.

some of those sth americans and the 3T hybrids run crazy amounts of boost and get crazy numbers on the quarter.
Cheers,
Greg aka Sir Burnie Tanington

VX1 Berlina V6, VT1 Berlina V6 (Track), VN1 S V6, Hilux RN105 GMV8, Ford XP 170.
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Post by ToyHicko »

psyolent/gregga
This is a build still in progress. :roll:
Been busy building a VN Commodre bash car instead. Plan to continue the build late this year earily next.

As for the Speedo drive I've got that all sorted out. I have most if not all the parts required just need to take the car off the road to finish the build.
One thing I am going to miss is the sweet sound of the dual solexs (side draughts) at full throttle.

Jason
aka Celica_73 (toymods)
hks7mgt

Post by hks7mgt »

if those injectors are no good, then just use any toyota injector and trust me, they don't need to be big. I'm running the standard top (hose)fed camira ones and there is plenty of over head left. Camira's also use the o-ring style injectors too. Look into it.

i used a VSS from a commorhore. It bolted straight into the T50 box between the speedo and the box.

What did you do with the dizy to convert it to electronic? there are a few tricks, but if you follow the guide on toymods, you'll be sweet. i locked mine and let the delco control the advance so the modification to the dizzy was less.
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Yeah i Followed the instruction on Toymods for the Dizzy mod and it is Already locked curently running a programable spark controller. (Jaycar Kit) Might add wasn't a very succuessful actually had to contact the designer and mod the circuit to work.

As for injectors the toyota Injectors are Low impedance and not suited to a 808 with out resistor box. The JE injector don't fit the manifold or fuel rail and not easit to modify. As the engine is Stroked and was dynoed to have 150hp going of I've read the standard injector would have been too small so easiest solution was to buy High impedance injectors the fit the Manifold and Rail.

The VSS i have that already sorted.

Jason
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok this is directed more at the guys in NSW as this is conversion now back on the "current" project list. Does anyone know if an Engineering Certifcate required for this kind of Conversion ie removing factory carby's and installing factory EFI manifold? Then the question does changing throttle bodies and ECU require a Certificate.

Question comes about as Last night a cop threatened to defect the car last night and at the moment it would be limited to Exhaust and Wheels only as the Engine bay is "Factory" as far as they would be able to tell but an EFI manifold would stand out more.

Cheers
Jason
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

well, when I had my VL with injected VN 304 in it, I even got it blue slipped without a certificate, I was told by the mechanic who did it - the engine block is identical to factory VL, so the efi heads and manifold dont require a certificate to be legal.
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

If the car is currently registered with that particular engine, you can change head, inlet manifold, carbs/throttle bodies etc. Cop was having a lend of you.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok that was my understanding as well but just want to check as the fuel system is modified from low pressure to high and extra electrical load on the charging circuit as well as the Air filter need to be changed.

I have send an email to RTA asking the question just to check.

Cheers
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah, here in SA I was advised by our dept. of transport that I could EFI a carby car without changing the engine legally, and did not need to do any paperwork for it as it would exceed the original emission requirements. It varies by state a bit, but what others are saying sounds right to me.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396