Delco tuning for for dummys

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
delcowizzid

Re: Delco tuning for for dummys

Post by delcowizzid »

ive run pretty rich 12:1 until max torque then lean out to 13:1 to make max power then start to richen back up after that so it doesnt melt shit at sustained high revs but it depends on what the car likes if it goes faster with it richer leave it :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

Does anyone know what actual method the is used for the trip meter in a level 3 cluster to calculate litres per 100 k's is it map based ? or injector or a combo of both or am i way off track. and is their a way to check the accuracy or recalculate ?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

its something like injector pulse time so with the injector rate set that tells it flow second etc then can work out how much is going in per minute and then add to that km's travelled and thats roughly and simply how it works ... calcs and stuff
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

cool so if i run them blue top injectors and changed fuel usage settings flow rates from a tune that run them standard would it be more accurate.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i dunno, depends how out the current setting is i suppose :D
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

You need to change a cal setting in the ECM for it to be accurate with an injector change. If your using 12P then adjust the two trip computer settings to suit.
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Has anyone got a log of a similar setup that i can use to compare and see how accurate mixtures should be .
And when cold is the wideband accurate immediately or does it take time to warm up as i noticed in the tune their was a delay for wideband learn.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The wideband has a heater so takes time to warm up and wont display anything useful until this is completed. The innovate LM-1 can be configured to be high impedance or give a steady voltage until warmed up. Not sure what model your using but it will all be in the wideband manual as to how long and what it does until warmed up. It would be worthwhile to learn how the sensor works to get the best out of it.
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

I ended up going with the aem one
I will have to have a thorough read through the instructions.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

my LC-1 takes about 30 seconds to warm up, i normally turn it on before i start the car and let it heat up so its good to go when i start the car and it seems to be fairly accurate once it starts reading.