Delco tuning for for dummys

General Tuning Questions And Discussions
Holden202T

Re: Delco tuning for for dummys

Post by Holden202T »

Dec_head wrote:I also noticed the log has a 2600 3000 3400 table etc but the ve doesn't
the problem with the logging is you can't have it both ways, ie. in the tune you have 200rpm increments to 2400rpm then up wards its 400rpm increments, so in the adx's i usually put them in 200rpm increments the whole way up so you get all the extra clarity in the lower rpms and can just ignore the extras in the upper rpms.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

actually, you can have it both ways :D the latest tunerpro 5 allows you to manually define your axis labels. the adx's included in the OSEplugin bubble tracing package should have them done to match the VE table already.
Dec_head
cars: VR Calais

Post by Dec_head »

Got the data tracing up and running good stuff
I had a quick play around with it so am i right in believing that the little black dot that i am following represents partial effect to the cells it is in.
So say the black dot is in between 50 map and 60 map at 850rpm the ve calculates a bit from both cell values.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yep, the ECM uses linear interpolation for the lookups to get the surrounding cells.
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Thanks always good to learn something new still a very very very long way to go i like the challenge trying to remember all of this i will have to go over everything a few times to remember even a quarter of the information provided .
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

Gone back to the standard base tune because i have fitted the standard cam advanced 2 degrees
inj flow to 013 and i have been using the wideband history average in the log to get the mixtures safe to drive at first.
I enabled wideband ve learn and drove about 2 - 3 hours and it all apears to be getting better from watching the gauge as i drive.
Even the mat sensor temp is down at idle now because of the cam change.
I did have an issue i really should double check but if i made changes with tp whilst tuning with the data tracing etc it worked and then if i saved them to a new bin in tp when i uploaded them via flashtool to the nv ram it was corrupted. I really have to double check this but has anyone else had this happen.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

were you clicking upload bin or upload cal in the flashtool? the resulting bin from a download using OSEplugin is only a cal but padded out to 32k with zeros. if you try to upload bin and select the file it will erase most of the code from the nvram :P.
if you select upload cal then select the bin, it will only upload the cal segment from the 32k OSEplugin downloaded bin.
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

I was making changes to the ve table and decided to go back to a previous bin wich had saved changes.
I chose to save the changes as a bin file in tunerpro.
Then to go back opened flash tool chose write bin and used the previously saved bin file and the engine run like crap so i went back to an earlier one before ve changes and it worked fine.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

ah so you didnt have to reburn the ram? just re upload an earlier cal. no idea what could have happened there then
Dec_head

Post by Dec_head »

yeah me either i'll try it again and see if i can get it to happen i did notice when writing the bin file using flash tool sometimes it gets errors and i have to retry a few times.
Just wanted to see if anyone else had had similar issues.