Results after a "profesional tune"

Tuning The Delco In Realtime
VT1GER
cars: Holden VT stroker, cammed, blown.

Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by VT1GER »

So i just paid a professional to get my car on the dyno to run in my fresh engine and to give it a tune using the pcmhacking products.

he told me he has never used the software TP5 but would be able to have someone experienced come in to get it tuned for me). Now that i have driven the car home it is idling at around 1400rpm... stupid high. i have gone in and adjusted it back down to 900rpm (it has a very lumpy cam. may even need 1000rpm to hold idle) but anyway. this made the car hunt around for rpm and even before i edited anything it would stall going from PARK into DRIVE @ 1400rpm.

I have a mass of other issues like terrible shift points. low power output (he told me he had to get fuel taken out of it in the tables rather then add fuel. Also can only get 19 degrees timing rather then the prescribed 30 degrees as calculated from the engine builder. The issue he was having was the car peaking around 4500rpm and loosing torque there after.
Last edited by VT1GER on Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VX L67 Getrag

Re: Results after a "profesional tune"

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

200Kw figure seems too high to me for a naturally aspirated engine & on the flip side if it was forced induction 30 deg's is not possible unless you had it rich as buggary!

If it's someone who hasn't used tunerpro with all the GOOD gear before, I would hope that they compensated you for it being a learning process for them too!
Last edited by VX L67 Getrag on Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Cant see the picture here. Got a BIN you can post?
200kw is no slouch but higher power motors have been tuned to be very tame.
My own car a holden 5 litre runs a crane 288 solid with 900rpm idle. Very smooth to drive with 34 degree timing with 250rwkw.

Hopefully you can get it sorted!
VT1GER

Post by VT1GER »

its an NA stroked 4.2l ecotec. built from the ground up. cam, heads, rockers etc. its actually using LS1 valves in the heads.

Here is the bin straight off the NVRAM.
Attachments
vt1ger.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 339 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

What are the cam spec's?

It all depends on the Dyno used too, that was on a DD where as I use a mainline & I honestly wouldn't ever expect 200Kw on my dyno on a NA ecotec no matter how big it was stroked!

But the driveability issues are more than likely a tuner issue with ram area's being learnt & different to how it was tuned so after a bit of driving it will be totally different if it was tuned with fuel trims off (short & long) which is 1 of the reason's I like to have the car's I tuned for a while so I can drive them with what is going to leave my workshop for a day or so to make sure driveability isn't going to be a factor!
VT1GER

Post by VT1GER »

this is the cam in the car Image
VX L67 Getrag wrote:What are the cam spec's?

It all depends on the Dyno used too, that was on a DD where as I use a mainline & I honestly wouldn't ever expect 200Kw on my dyno on a NA ecotec no matter how big it was stroked!

But the driveability issues are more than likely a tuner issue with ram area's being learnt & different to how it was tuned so after a bit of driving it will be totally different if it was tuned with fuel trims off (short & long) which is 1 of the reason's I like to have the car's I tuned for a while so I can drive them with what is going to leave my workshop for a day or so to make sure driveability isn't going to be a factor!
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

What model car is it & what drive train?
VT1GER

Post by VT1GER »

Holden vt v6 series 2, 2000. 4 speed auto 4l60e. 3.08 diff
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Not sure how you read the BIN but it's only got data from 2000 to 6000 & doesn't line up with anything!
VT1GER

Post by VT1GER »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:Not sure how you read the BIN but it's only got data from 2000 to 6000 & doesn't line up with anything!

im using the suggested $A5F XDF file with it. Im a complete beginner ( hence paying someone) but the data seems to show up in TP5. unsure what you meant by 2000 - 6000